Treasure Hunter
7393 posts

Re: How do people hack your psn account

Mar 30, 2014

My dad works for Nintendo. And just because you killed me like maybe two times the other day in that game we were playing, I'm going to have him call his buddies at Microsoft and ban your PS2. 

Thanks for the account, turbonerd.

Message 111 of 138 (1,166 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 7, 2014

Message 112 of 138 (1,120 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
207 posts

Apr 7, 2014

You have my symphaties for what is occurred on your games. Just remember It is an hacking only when you cannot log in on PSN, if not they can "glitch" your data save, but there is difference but you can still use your psn ID options, then is not considered as such. And reading the previous posts that mostly happens because attachments or account sharing. A serious hacking it is completely a different thing than a bugged data save. I'd rather would not worry about the second one too much. You can always restart after all. Smiley Wink

Message 113 of 138 (1,117 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 23, 2014

It's usually when you Gameshare, once you give them the account and password and you no longer have control of it, for about 5-10 minutes (usually when they take all the dlc  in your account) and then when their done they have the urge to change your password or email, if this happens just call Sony and say "I forgot my password, can you reset it?"

We all have that urge.

Message 114 of 138 (1,078 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7175 posts

Apr 23, 2014

ProscritoXIV wrote:

Well... I'm playing red dead redemption online, and last monday i was participating In a clan fight.

During the fight, i got a freindrequest from a guy our posseleader had put In the posse, i accepted it after the other clan left.

I'm not saying if it was one from the other clan or the guy i accepted, but it must be one of Them.

5 minutes after they left and i accepted the friendrequest, the guy i accepted went offline and suddenly i recieved a friendrequest from my OWN account?!?!

I thought it was just a fail, so i rejected it, but Then it came again and right after a message saying: "i've hacked you" again from my own account...

And i got no idea of how the person who did it could manage it under 5 minutes...

I quickly change my email and code.

But i don't know if it helped, anyway, so what i really just wont to know is how it could happend..

Do you want to know why I know he didn't send you a message from your account? Because as soon as someone tries to log in under an account that is logged in, the system will log you off. I had 3 PS3s and there were a couple of times where I was online and the kids would turn on another PS3 and use my account, instantly logging me off.

Seeing that YOU didn't get logged off, that person wasn't on YOUR account.

Can people do anything to you if they have your IP address? Sure, if you allow your firewall to be accesses from outside your LAN and leave the default password. Or you leave a PC (not console) in the DMZ or don't have your firewall setup correctly.

If your console is not jailbroken there are no services available to a hacker that you need to worry about.

Can someone hack you over the internet because your wireless is weak? NO! LOL I really cannot believe that was suggested.

How is someone going to hack your wireless in NY if the hacker is in CA? LOL

Can wireless be hacked locally? Sure. If someone is close enough to obtain your wireless signal there are tools out there but if you use the correct settings and a very strong password they will not waste their time.

Bottom line is that these script kiddies or copy and paste hackers are not going to hack your PS3. They are just trying to scare you. Are there ways to see your traffic? Yes but the VERY few people that can do this are not going to waste their time monitoring PS3 traffic or "residential" traffic, it takes to much to do it and the reward is not worth the risk.

Troll, flame or be offensive:Trolling and flaming is when you deliberately make offensive or provocative comments with the aim of upsetting another user or prompting an angry response from them.We will remove posts or threads which are found to be insulting, harassing, threatening or non-constructive and overly negative. We reserve the right to immediately delete any posting or suspend any user at our sole discretion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRTN97XEASQ
Message 115 of 138 (1,067 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 24, 2014

Well people could guess your pass if it's weak or they could bruteforce into your account. The best way to stop this is to use a

good pass. I recommend using lastpass and use it to generate a password , also when creating a password use the max amount of characters sony allows 30

Example =  To10@2&35^ZrgUSu42RXKj$krgnXg*

Don't  be stupid and use passes like BreakingBad123

Also Change your passwords often

Message 116 of 138 (1,049 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
2275 posts

Apr 24, 2014
No they cant hack into your account unless password email secret question but nobody can optain your emails by ip Smiley Happy they need first set spyware prog to even look at your email next will be break your pw with a encrypted program but even tho they end up getting your cc information if u have online banking you will receive a tx u bought sometging then u call bank report it they will fibd where purchass coming from ...
Won the ps4 From taco bell!
eGe EV][L GA/\/\][NG E/\/\P][RE
Message 117 of 138 (1,041 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 22, 2014

Like I had a firend and he was at the end of my freinds list then I got signed out then when I signed back in he wasn't in my firends list cause it kept saying Ive been signed out so when I saw his name I deleted him but it wouldnt work and I got signed out then I got signed back in and it said he was on 3 minutes ago then when I deleted him it worked this time and for next pass days I havent been signed out but its would be safe to change your password like my old one was jelly215 but i got a new one

Message 118 of 138 (776 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3613 posts

Sep 22, 2014

WOW! People still giving their info out still i see?

You are gonna ruin your account if you do that, because they will either take it or sony will ban you fir game sharing...

STOP giving  you user name and pass word to people....

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 Smiley Tongue
Message 119 of 138 (758 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
12642 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 22, 2014

You won a gift card plz sign up on this site to claim your prize!!!

You sign up with your email adress and 50/50 you make that site sign in pasword the same as your PS sign in.

Next is game share.

Message 120 of 138 (753 Views)
0 Likes