Highlighted
Jun 14 2012
By: ismashu1994 Splicer 85 posts

How do i media server my computer on ps3?

8 replies 1098 views Edited Jun 14, 2012

I did media server but my music isn't showing up? I already tick the words and manage music library but I don't see my song in my ps3 on media server. I just see the sample music and not mine.

Message 1 of 9 (1,098 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Re: How do i media server my computer on ps3?

Jun 14, 2012

what program are you using?

Furiously Chaosing
Message 2 of 9 (1,098 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

Jun 14, 2012

Windows Media Player for windows 7

Message 3 of 9 (1,098 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
186 posts

Jun 14, 2012

try downloading ps3 media server....it will even stream formats that media player won't recognize

Message 4 of 9 (1,098 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jun 15, 2012

Theres your problem... you using WMP.

Use either TVersity or PS3 Media Server, they are able to transcode and remux any media that the PS3 is not compatible with, and will convert the file, on the fly, so the PS3 can play it

Furiously Chaosing
Message 5 of 9 (1,098 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
865 posts

Jun 15, 2012

I use WMP and it works just fine. Vuze works great too.

Message 6 of 9 (1,098 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2257 posts

Jun 15, 2012

With media player you open it up on computer.  You left click anywhere on the border of the program, tools, options, configure sharing and allow the systems.  If your using media player on your tv, you cant use it on your computer till you stop using on ps3.  Otherwise it will shut down the one on the ps3.  However if you got 3 ps3s one in each room of your house and your guests or family is in one of each room using it, they can all use it.  Provided you computer has the power and the cable, i use the highest CAT cable from my computer to my router and then i use Cat 5 running to all rooms.  I crawled under house and set it up myself.  Other then the computer to router cause its next to each other.  Just for Media player and Ps3 reciever.

Wireless works decent but it always fails 1hr sometimes 30 mins sometimes more but it will always fail eventually.  If your using wireless your going to be doing alot of copying from your computer to your ps3.

Also keep in mind if this is all you want your Ps3 for or other console, you dont even need to buy internet.  Dont let them increase the prices of internet on you.  We dont need it for anymore then we want to pay for it.  50 bucks is the max ill pay for it and im firm on it.

If anyone needs help, with something they are going thru? Im here to talk, I suffered severe SAD, severe Anxiety and severe Depression, luekemia, blood clots, foot ulcers from bad circulation, insomnia, amongst alot of other things. I thought I was gay, murderer, childmolester, transgender even thought I was the bad guy himself. Not judging any but knew I wasnt any them before and dont want to be. Just let me know, some i believe are severly wrong and will get you threw in jail as should, if you act on them. Im getting better. This wasnt sweet lies, like hey that hot woman likes you. Like they used to be. These was bad lies considering I wasnt none them before and dont want to be.
Message 7 of 9 (1,098 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
865 posts

Jun 15, 2012

Try clicking "Stream" then check "Automatically allow devices to play my media...". If you don't want anyone else to view your files you can click "Stream" again then click "More streaming options..." and from there you can select which devices to allow and which devices you can block from streaming your media. Hope that helps.

Message 8 of 9 (1,098 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2257 posts

Jun 15, 2012

Media player, left click on border, tools, options, library, configure sharing, set to allow your ps3s which are unknown.  Underneath is monitor folders in the library tab, let it scan thru the assigned folders.  You may have to type the designation to scan, if you have multiple hard drives in your computer especially.

I got a 1.5 tera and a 500 gig hard drive in mine, my music is on the 500 as well as the OS.  Im going to put an aditional 3x 3tera hard drives in it eventually.  the 500GB will still be just my OS and music but my 9 tera extra will be avis.  If i can ever find a program to make them?  I need a program that does DVD to Avi.

If anyone needs help, with something they are going thru? Im here to talk, I suffered severe SAD, severe Anxiety and severe Depression, luekemia, blood clots, foot ulcers from bad circulation, insomnia, amongst alot of other things. I thought I was gay, murderer, childmolester, transgender even thought I was the bad guy himself. Not judging any but knew I wasnt any them before and dont want to be. Just let me know, some i believe are severly wrong and will get you threw in jail as should, if you act on them. Im getting better. This wasnt sweet lies, like hey that hot woman likes you. Like they used to be. These was bad lies considering I wasnt none them before and dont want to be.
Message 9 of 9 (1,098 Views)
0 Likes