PlayStation MVP
26705 posts

Re: How do I unpair my DS3?

Feb 13, 2012

BkS-y0 wrote:

Because Windows is virus-infested, horrible, and just a sheer joke of an OS. Linux is more efficent, and far easier to learn and also code for. There's no limits to what I can and can't do with Linux. With Windows, your stuck with whatever MS decides to give you unless you use third-party programs to do "illegal" things.

Besides, I've been a Linux user for years why would I want to game with Windows? Because it has "more support"? I don't care about that, I can easily run games through WINE, at the same speed on Linux, that would "natively" run in Windows... But that wasn't the question. The question was, how do I unpair my DS3 from the PS3. There has to be a "hidden" option somewhere? Perhaps I'll have to install CFW and go through it that way... Hmm.

You install the custom firmware and you can kiss your online gaming goodbye. As well as the ability to access the Store, and the Playstation Network. The PS3 "pairs" the controllers when the console turns on, and when it's connected through the USB cable. The process is automatic. The Dualshock 3 wasn't intended to be used with a PC. That's why there's no instructions on how to "unpair" the controller (something tells me, however, that this is not the answer you want to hear). You can reset it by pressing the reset button on the front of the controller by inserting a small object and holding that button down.

Message 11 of 12 (82 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: How do I unpair my DS3?

Mar 17, 2012

on the back of the ds3 is a reset button you will ned a tumbtack  or pin i found it on a power a controller that would not hook up

any more pressed it resyned works fine now. look for small hole on top right handside of back of controller.hope this helps

Message 12 of 12 (82 Views)
0 Likes