Dec 26 2012
By: TylerKeays17_ First Son 4 posts

How do I transfer saves from one PS3 to another?

6 replies 114 views Edited Dec 26, 2012

Does anyone know anyways of transerring saved data from one PS3 to another? I tried using a USB stick but i couldn't load the NBA2k13 save because it said that the save wasn't created by the user. If anyone could answer this it will be much appreciated!

Message 1 of 7 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Re: How do I transfer saves from one PS3 to another?

Dec 26, 2012
two options: (a) a full on data transfer where the content of the first PS3 will migrate to the second; (b) back up the save data via the cloud storage option within playstation plus, and then download the data onto the second console (the explanation generally is that some save data is copy protected and there are restrictions upon how it can be properly transferred to another PS3) ;-)
Message 2 of 7 (104 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 26, 2012

okay thank you so much.

Though, which one would you suggest is better, is it worth paying for playstation plus?

Message 3 of 7 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Dec 26, 2012
never bought playstation plus but that way is probably a lot quicker if you're only interested in specific save data; the data transfer in contrast can take a while and effectively moves the entire content of the original drive to the new console (the original drive is then formatted in the process to avert any copyright issues) - how's finances and would you be content for both PS3s to be unavailable for hours? there's your answer.....
Message 4 of 7 (91 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39457 posts

Dec 26, 2012

Please bear in mind that some save data is protected & cannot be copied or moved, EA is one developer that has recently started this practice, make sure you can actually do what you wantt o do before singing up for a service like PlayStation Plus.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 5 of 7 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Dec 26, 2012
protected save data can be backed up using the back up & restore option (the catch is you have to restore it to the same console, where implicitly there is no copyright issue - this is the context where you have only one console and decide to change/upgrade the hard drive) - to get the stuff onto a new console you need to do a data transfer or selective cloud back up using playstation plus - official link for ease of reference: http://m.uk.playstation.com/onlinestorage/
Message 6 of 7 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5125 posts

Dec 26, 2012

I've never tried the first option, I only use PS Plus to move saved game data to another PS3

Message 7 of 7 (70 Views)
0 Likes