Feb 10 2012
By: DARKADVEZARI Lombax Warrior 173 posts

How do I download Vita game on PS3 and Transfer later to Vita?

6 replies 32153 views Edited Feb 10, 2012

Just looking for the procedure here step by step. I already know how to search for a Vita game, pop it in my cart, and charge it. My question is can I buy titles that are up now, download them, and transfer later to Vita, since I dont have mine yet? Also once you purchase a Vita title on your PS3, what is the step by step for getting that game onto the Vita? Thx!

Message 1 of 7 (32,153 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1470 posts

Re: How do I download Vita game on PS3 and Transfer later to Vita?

Feb 10, 2012

im like 99% you can because if you could not they would not add the option to buy it from your PS3 and you can for PSP and PSP GO but the step by step is download it and right click on the game icon and it will say "copy" you must have your PSP Vita connected when you do this.

Message 2 of 7 (32,153 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Feb 10, 2012

Once the game is downloaded to the PS3, you touch the "Content Manager" icon on your Vita and there will be an option to transfer the content to the Vita via USB cable.

Hope that helps.

Message 3 of 7 (32,153 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Feb 10, 2012

Transferring games from PS3 to your Vita is the topic of this week's PS Blog entry. They talk about PSP titles but I imagine that the porcess will be the same.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/02/09/how-to-download-psp-titles-to-ps-vita/

Message 4 of 7 (32,153 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Feb 10, 2012

DARKADVEZARI wrote:

Just looking for the procedure here step by step. I already know how to search for a Vita game, pop it in my cart, and charge it. My question is can I buy titles that are up now, download them, and transfer later to Vita, since I dont have mine yet? Also once you purchase a Vita title on your PS3, what is the step by step for getting that game onto the Vita? Thx!

From the manual:

Copy games and other applications to your PS Vita system from a PS3™ system or vice versa. You can also copy PSP™Game format software and saved data.

Before performing this procedure, you need to do the following:

• Insert the memory card for the PS Vita system into your PS Vita system.
    • Link a PlayStation®Network account with your PS Vita system.
      If you have a PlayStation®Network account that was created on a different device such as a PS3™ system or a computer, you can sign in using that account.
    • Sign in to PlayStation®Network on your PS3™ system.
      To use the Content Manager application, you must sign in using the same PlayStation®Network account on your PS3™ system and your PS Vita system.
    • On your PS3™ system, close all open applications and select (User)
Connect your PS Vita system to the PS3™ system using a USB cable.
On your PS Vita system, tap (Content Manager) > .
Tap either or .
Tap .
Tap to set checkmarks in the checkboxes of the applications you want to copy or delete, and then tap or .
This is an example for PlayStation®Vita format software:
    • When you perform a copy or delete operation for a game or other application on the PS Vita card that stores saved data and add-ons on the PS Vita system's memory card, only the data stored on the memory card is copied or deleted. Saved data and add-ons on the PS Vita card cannot be copied or deleted.
  • When multiple PlayStation®Network accounts are linked with the PS3™ system, the applications for all accounts are displayed. However, you can only copy and delete applications for the account that is linked with your PS Vita system.
  • Some types of content downloaded from PlayStation®Store can only be used on a limited number of devices per account. Manage the devices on which you use the content by activating and deactivating devices.
  • You cannot copy PSP™Game format content from the PS3™ system to your PS Vita system if the PSP™Game format content is already installed on the PS3™ system. To enable copying of this type of content to your PS Vita system, download the content again from the download list in PlayStation®Store using the PS3™ system.
  • Age restricted content can be copied, but to play it parental controls must either be off or set appropriately.
  • Some types of content cannot be copied or deleted.
  • To delete application data from your PS Vita system, use edit mode from the home screen. To enter edit mode, touch and hold the home screen. If you delete the application icon, all the data for the application is deleted.
Message 5 of 7 (32,153 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11484 posts

Feb 10, 2012

DARKADVEZARI wrote:

all you will  need to do is hook up your vita to the ps3 and then start content manager to get them transfered to the vita...

infact thats what you are told to do if yopu try to run the package on the ps3

>

Message 6 of 7 (32,153 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3148 posts

Feb 10, 2012
Message 7 of 7 (32,153 Views)
0 Likes