Mar 01 2012
By: day1dreamer First Son 14 posts

How do I download PS3 files in download list on PC to flashdrive then to PS3?

4 replies 741 views Edited Mar 1, 2012

I am trying to download files from my download list on a PC to a flash drive and then take the file home to put on my PS3.  When I go to media (under Account managemnet) on the PC at the bottom of the screen there is only a link to download to PSP?

I am one of the PS3 gamers who does not have internet service at home.  After I put in my redeem code in account management, how do I get my files onto a flash drive or portable media to take and put onto my PS3?

Special Note:

Please don't tell me Sony did not make a way for PS3 gamers without internet service to be able to get their promotional game add ons for pre-ordering games!  This would be a serious oversight!  Please help!

Message 1 of 5 (741 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Re: How do I download PS3 files in download list on PC to flashdrive then to PS3?

Mar 1, 2012

you answered your own question on the bottom. which you asked us not to tell you

the reasoning behind this if they made it so you could access it through pc it would be hacked and everyone would have it. not saying you would but someone would have

Message 2 of 5 (741 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Re: How do I download PS3 files in download list on PC to flashdrive then to PS3?

Mar 2, 2012

Unfortunately, there's no way to access the extra online content by shuffling data around on a USB thumb drive. You will need to bring your PS3 to a friend who has internet access.

Message 3 of 5 (741 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 10, 2012

Well Sony should over come this even I am having the same old trouble...we Should able to download files over the pc on a USB drive then can transfer the files onto the PS3

Who will take trouble in taking the whole ps3 set box to other place,Not practical possible sony should come up with some ideas and solution for its users, PS3 should be user freindly.

Message 4 of 5 (741 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
38846 posts

Mar 10, 2012

cham9999 wrote:

Well Sony should over come this even I am having the same old trouble...we Should able to download files over the pc on a USB drive then can transfer the files onto the PS3

Who will take trouble in taking the whole ps3 set box to other place,Not practical possible sony should come up with some ideas and solution for its users, PS3 should be user freindly.

The PS3 is very user-friendly & it states very clearly that a broadband internet connection is required to access the content in the Playstation Store.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 5 of 5 (741 Views)
0 Likes