May 28 2012
By: AchillesVsHector Hekseville Citizen 339 posts

How do I clean the inside of my fat/phat ps3 without opening it up? Opening it up voids warranty or I could possibly hurt something?

3 replies 190 views Edited May 28, 2012

The top/sides of it keep collecting dust. I'm sure there's a lot of dust in the system. Not sure if dust can really hurt a console but I'd like it to be clean in the inside anyways.

Message 1 of 4 (190 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: How do I clean the inside of my fat/phat ps3 without opening it up? Opening it up voids warranty or I could possibly hurt something?

May 28, 2012

The only thing you can do while the warranty is still valid is to vaccum the vents on low power. When the warranty ends you can open it up for a more comprehensive cleaning, but unless your system is in a very dusty environment you shouldn't need to worry so much about dust...

Message 2 of 4 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Re: How do I clean the inside of my fat/phat ps3 without opening it up? Opening it up voids warranty or I could possibly hurt something?

May 28, 2012

Just realized my ps3 fat is a refurbished ps3 so it probably has no warrenty. Is it safe to open the ps3 up or could I hurt something?

Message 3 of 4 (190 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

May 28, 2012

You could always hurt something if your not careful. I would only suggest opening up your PS3 when you are going to change the thermal paste and thermal pads, when you do that you can also clear out the dust...

Message 4 of 4 (190 Views)
0 Likes