Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Re: How do I change my newtwork ID name?

Mar 11, 2010

the1kamikaze wrote:

MonkiJuan wrote:

idk if you can but one of my friends that is japenese (dont understand him at all but plays gud) changes his, ive seen his PS ID change about 3 times and its the same person cause i never receive a new friend request from him, ive asked him how but he never spills the beans... that puto

if you find a way, ohh please let know

ChangoJuan, you can't. Your friend probably has 3 accounts. But what you say is true, then he must know something we all don't know. He won't spill the frijoles because what he says is false. 

Yeah the japanese psn users can change there psn name...this is how it's been, nothing new.

Message 10 of 18 (2,267 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
883 posts

Mar 12, 2010

the Japanese users can change their ID, yes, but not entirely. if you go to a Japanese ID card that has had this change, and go to the furthest right of it, there is a section you have likely noticed on your own card, and it says PSN name (or whatever). that is where their ORIGINAL ID is still located. the ID they can change too is semi-superficial. Sony wont allow for the entire thing to be changed, its still registered under the original user name... I believe when people add you, even if your name is changed, you still have to use the PSN address listed in the PSN section on your ID card

This all leads to the question: why not us? or will we get this option soon as well? perhaps a premium feature? i am personally fine with my PSN name, but a lot of people would like a new one without losing all their work.. we have this exact same card, and ours also have that same section, though with no actual point.

Message 11 of 18 (2,269 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 5, 2011

I know, I hate my name too.  Just look at it, it sucks.  I made it 3 years ago when I could spell crap.  I would pay to change it.

Message 12 of 18 (2,268 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
278 posts

Re: How do I change my network ID name?

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2014

Why not Sony, Microsoft lets you change your name on Xbox.You can't even transfer data over to another account. That's sad, it's pretty much a deal breaker for me.

Message 14 of 18 (1,942 Views)
Last Guardian
11697 posts

Feb 4, 2014
Yea but it's not free, probably because they don't want people to do it too often..
>

Message 15 of 18 (1,939 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
278 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2014

I would pay to do it. I understand that being a penalty, but to not allow that or data transfer is pathetic.

Message 16 of 18 (1,936 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28823 posts

Feb 4, 2014

Diresins wrote:

I would pay to do it. I understand that being a penalty, but to not allow that or data transfer is pathetic.

As soon you have the more ADD affliceted changing names weekly, daily, hourly, or even every ten minutes and running up huge bills in the process, then you'd be screaming about how "outraged" you are, and it should be free. Also, the more "enterprising" users would create names just to sell them, and others would sell the names they have, and have been sitting on just for that purpose. 

You can create another account, and then keep your current one. I know how many believe they have to delete their current name if they create a new one, however that is not the case.

Message 17 of 18 (1,927 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
156 posts

Feb 4, 2014

As this thread is a wee bit old, it shall now be locked. Please be aware of timestamps before posting. Feel free to continue the conversation here:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/ALLOW-PSN-ID-CHANGE/m-p/41100745/highligh...

- Hot-Shocolate

Message 18 of 18 (1,924 Views)
0 Likes