Highlighted
Mar 05 2011
By: groome81 First Son 1 posts

How do I change my network ID name?

17 replies 72398 views Edited Mar 5, 2011

someone please help ,i am wondering how to change my screen name while,playing on-line to something different. How do I do this,or my Playstation network name?

Message 13 of 18 (72,398 Views)
Sackboy
629 posts

Re: How do I change my newtwork ID name?

Mar 11, 2010

groome81 wrote:

someone please help ,i am wondering how to change my screen name while,playing on-line to something different. How do I do this,or my Playstation network name?

you cant

Message 1 of 18 (72,396 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
21695 posts

Mar 11, 2010

PSN account screen names cannot be changed after the account is created, for any reason.  It is a Sony policy.  You can change your Sign-In name that you log in with whenever you like, but the name that people see online is permanent.  And by permanent, I mean that you can't delete PSN accounts either.

GKP
Message 2 of 18 (72,396 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Mar 11, 2010

idk if you can but one of my friends that is japenese (dont understand him at all but plays gud) changes his, ive seen his PS ID change about 3 times and its the same person cause i never receive a new friend request from him, ive asked him how but he never spills the beans... that puto

if you find a way, ohh please let know

"Its our community, we have the power to change it"
Message 3 of 18 (72,396 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Mar 11, 2010
I know that the Japanese can change their PSN Username but not their PSN ID. That's why your friend can do it.
Play B3yond Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 4 of 18 (72,396 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 11, 2010

Yeah you definitely can't change it.  I wanted to change mine, but it seems the only way is to start a new psn id, which sucks cuz you'll have to start every over again.

ghostworld
Message 5 of 18 (72,396 Views)
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Mar 11, 2010

MonkiJuan wrote:

idk if you can but one of my friends that is japenese (dont understand him at all but plays gud) changes his, ive seen his PS ID change about 3 times and its the same person cause i never receive a new friend request from him, ive asked him how but he never spills the beans... that puto

Japanese accounts can change their display name.  I really don't think Sony is bringing that feature to us.  With so many updates they've give us so far, they still haven't given us that one.  And people have been requesting it for a long while already.

I also don't see them changing their policy to let us change our PSN ID name entirely, without creating a new one.  I have no problem with it, the name I use is great.  Put some thought into it, and I like it.

I do fear one day someone will "report it as inappropriate" and under that circumstance, if Sony gets involved because people report a name as inapproprtiate, I would have to change it.

That is the only circumstance under which Sony allows a name change, and transfers your stuff to the new account.  Otherwise, no go.

Message 6 of 18 (72,396 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

Mar 11, 2010

MonkiJuan wrote:

ChangoJuan, you can't. Your friend probably has 3 accounts. But what you say is true, then he must know something we all don't know. He won't spill the frijoles because what he says is false. 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 7 of 18 (72,396 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4769 posts

Mar 11, 2010

the1kamikaze wrote:

MonkiJuan wrote:

ChangoJuan, you can't. Your friend probably has 3 accounts. But what you say is true, then he must know something we all don't know. He won't spill the frijoles because what he says is false. 

Actually, yes Japanese accounts can change their names.

Message 8 of 18 (72,396 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Mar 11, 2010

El no lo cambio solo que el cambio como el nombre se ve. no el  ID

Message 9 of 18 (72,396 Views)
0 Likes