Dec 30 2013
By: IvanHolz First Son 3 posts

How do I buy a PSP game for my Vita?

9 replies 136 views Edited Dec 30, 2012

How do I buy a PSP game for my Vita?  Note that I have never owned the game I want to buy.  In addition, this game is not available to buy and download from my PS Vita.  However, when I go to the PlayStation store on my PC, it says that this game is compatible with PS Vita.  So does anyone know how I can buy this game for my Vita?

Message 1 of 10 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3206 posts

Re: How do I buy a PSP game for my Vita?

Dec 30, 2012
Some PSP games work on the PS Vita but Sony hasn't updated the Vitas Store to buy or download alot of PSP games. In order to get the PSP games on your Vita you would need to buy it on a PS3 and transfer it to the Vita
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 2 of 10 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
842 posts

Dec 30, 2012

deaofly wrote:
Some PSP games work on the PS Vita but Sony hasn't updated the Vitas Store to buy or download alot of PSP games. In order to get the PSP games on your Vita you would need to buy it on a PS3 and transfer it to the Vita

In addition to Deaofly's answer: All of the games that appear on the PSN on the Vita are able to be downloaded directly on the Vita. Just open the store and choose "PSP" as a category, and then just browse.

Message 3 of 10 (125 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 31, 2012

I don't have PS3, and the games I want are not in the store on the Vita, so there's no other way to get them? 

Message 4 of 10 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2034 posts

Dec 31, 2012

Sorry. There is no other way to do it.. Sony is being real slack about ps1 and psp games lately. A lot of people are mad about it.A lot of people are steping back from the vita because of it. A lot are waiting for sony to support it better. I like it but kind of wish they would too. 

Message 5 of 10 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

Dec 31, 2012

fantasyplayer wrote:

Sorry. There is no other way to do it.. Sony is being real slack about ps1 and psp games lately. A lot of people are mad about it.A lot of people are steping back from the vita because of it. A lot are waiting for sony to support it better. I like it but kind of wish they would too. 

Don't jump to conclusions now. It only took a few years after they promised to launch the service on the PSP before it was put into full swing and actually happened. I'ma just hold my breath because I'm sure they're get everything taken care of within the next few months.

Just going to hold my breath....

***Disclaimer, massive sarcasm. It was complete garbage how they handled everything on psp when they announced PSX games would be rolling out. I even upgraded my CFW (Like 2005-2006 here people) to OFW just so I could buy psx games. Within a few months I hacked it back and started compiling them myself to play.

Message 6 of 10 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2034 posts

Dec 31, 2012

That is what  i am hoping for also. I have been waiting for 10 months now for some that are not on there yet and it is starting to seem like a long time now. they will get there most likely as soon as sony quits playing around with it and gets serious about it. They will have to do something wild and crazy soon to boost things up. That is a lot will come our way.

Message 7 of 10 (85 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 31, 2012

Thanks so much for the replies.  I'm really sorry to hear that though.  I bought the Vita on the premise that I would be able to buy and play the PSP games.  Everything I read said that I would be able to do that, but obviously I hadn't found this forum.  Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 10 (77 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9193 posts

Dec 31, 2012
You can still download a bunch of psp games off the store via digital download.
Message 9 of 10 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Dec 31, 2012

fantasyplayer wrote:

To be fair, it's Sony of America. Sony of Japan has provided PSV users with more than 400 PSX Classics and a wider array of PSP titles to buy off the PSV PSN. While not up to that level, Europe's PSV PSN is also far ahead of America's. It's not Sony as a whole the one lagging, only the branch of America~.

Message 10 of 10 (66 Views)