Mar 04 2012
By: The-Questor First Son 21 posts

How did You get into the World of Playstation?

4 replies 19 views Edited Mar 4, 2012

So, the title says it all!  What's your story?

I'll go first,

It was 2002 and I was in a store that was sampling Sony's brand new system, the Playstation 2.  The game that was on sample was the Prince of Persia.  That to me was the most mind blowing experience EVER.  After I had tried it I was actualy trying to run off walls (which ended swiftly as I fell and scraped my elbow) but the effect of that game lasted.  At the time I had begged my Dad to get me one!  It was the only thing I needed to live!  It was the last thing I thought about every night and the first thing I thought about in the morning.  And of course my Dad said no. (Yes, there were tears)  After that I satrted to work up some money and after about four weeks of work I had finally scrapped up $100.  Unfortunately the PS2 at that time was $249.99.  Buuuut my Dad said that because of my hard work he would just buy the blasted system for me with my money and a little of his.  I tell you, that system was the only thing I saw for about three years.  That's how my addiction of Sony products started, now I happily own a PS Vita that I bought (All on my own!)

Your turn now!

Message 1 of 5 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Re: How did You get into the World of Playstation?

Mar 7, 2012

Me, well, just don't make fun or anything but.. It started out with the Wii. I was so tired of not being able to keep up with my friends and all, but I still wanted to be a loyal fan to nintendo, owning every single thing from the old pixle age. Eventually, pop culture got to my head, Youtube to be exact. I started to look up the new At Worlds End for COD. Wow was I amazed, but, not enough to switch to a $350.00 system. A few years later,(two), I looked back at youtube, and going through some of the history from a few years ago, i stumbled on a game called Battlefield. I looked up BFBC2 which was their newest game so far. Some sniper was running up on the left side of arica harbor on the first objective to B on rush( America obviously).

It never started with T.V. commercials or anything, but the amazing quality of a guy running 400 yards of sand, That Made My Jaw Drop. I said i had to get that, and i did. I got BF1943, BF3, and looking forward to the realse of BFBC3, if it comes out on PS3.

Another day, i was in the PS home exploring and stumbled into the theatres where a VW lupo van (the smoke out van), was in the snow with about 25 feet of visibility, next was the McClaren Mp 412-pc going out from the tunnel on..(crap forgot the track){but we have all seen it}. To this day, I have totally considered from being a pilot to try in all possibilities to be a race car drive for Le Mans Prototypes for Team Joest for the Audi Sport team racing. It is an amazing sport that i would do for the love of cars and racing. Not for the money, not for the fame, not for my signature being famous, but being able to stand on a first place podium with two other people doing the same thing that i love. GT6 will be a final consideration, for wether if i want to throw 15 years of my life wanting to be a pilot and probably struggle at life, or have a one in a million chance job with people that love to try to make new records, to be the kind of people who get stuff done.

I once listened in to a friends conversation, he said, "there are two kinds of people, there are those who watch things happen, and those who make things happen."

Message 2 of 5 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

Mar 7, 2012

i have my brother to thank! years ago when he had the ps 1 i would sneak play it while he was at work, or school, i cant recall which, it was the 90's, thats a long time ago lol... but i remember everyday playin rebel  assault 2, game was friggin awesome and addicting, all i had was an n64, which was fun, but this was a PLAYSTATION!! usually its the younger brother who sneak plays their older brothers' systems, but i was the older bro sneaking game time on my younger bros system... lol that was also around the time when tomb raider 1 was out, which i took a liking to..  eventually he gave me the system cuz he was bored of it, i went on to get ff 7, parasite eve...etc...  when the ps 2 finally came out it was a no-brainer that of course i was gettin it.... and then ps 3...   i'm sure people have their reasons for liking crap-box 3 shitty...  but i'll always be true to the playstation, it truly IS the better system, i'm not hating on microsux, just sayin, there's somethin about a playstation that crap-box is lackin.....each of us will find their own differences between the systems...  

Message 3 of 5 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
606 posts

Mar 7, 2012

I was lucky enough to have family that owned PS1's and PS2's and everytime I got a chance to play them I would. Then after beeing maried for 3 years I was finally able to get a PS1 around 2001 and a PS2 around 2005. Played those systems all the time and they would come back for more. Then 2006 rolled around and boy I was drooling over a PlayStation 3 system I saw in best buy. I wanted it but at the time when they were $600 and I couldn't afford it but I never stoped thinking about it. Then 3 years later 2009 I was able to purchase a 160 gig PS3 that came with Uncharted Drake's Fortune. I was in love. I was given a hard time for paying an extra $100 dollars for 80 more gigs but then again how could I pass up my first game in line of one of the best series of games on PS3. I couldn't. Over the next three years Its been a fun ride and I can't wait to see whats around the bin for Playstation.

Message 4 of 5 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
32 posts

Mar 8, 2012

cool story! and hellyeah, lookin forward to E3 to see what sony has in store for us... this E3, and next years E3 are the big ones

Message 5 of 5 (19 Views)
0 Likes