Gaming Beast
2065 posts

Re: How can we and Sony save the PS Vita

May 15, 2013

They did good with that one. It would be nice if they would listen to the rest of them now.

Message 31 of 53 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4905 posts

[ Edited ]
May 15, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:

semajmarc87 wrote:

Everyone was all doom and gloom about the PS3 at first. Now, it's outselling the Xbox 360 and is on pace to eventually sell 100 million units. What can you do to help the PS Vita? Buy one! I'm not worried about the PS Vita though... yet.

Outselling the XBOX 360 seven years after the PS3 was launched isn't something to be proud of. The PSV is flopping and sale numbers show this. You'd have to be a fanboy to say otherwise when the sale numbers are so weak, Japan got a small life injection but in the West the PSV has been suffering for months now. Soul Sacrifice's launch barely managed to push numbers above 10k which for a new system is pathetic~.

If you knew anything about gaming, you would know that the PS3 has outsold the Xbox 360 in total units sold despite the fact that the Xbox 360 was released more than a year before the PS3 (so it had a huge head start) and despite the higher price tag the PS3 has. That is an enormous victory for Sony. Don't let facts get in the way though.

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
210+ Subscribers | 1,500+ Followers
Message 32 of 53 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

May 15, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Give up this pipe dream of a PS2 emulator, it's not happening.

Want to know how? Go out and BUY IT.

If PS2 PSN games can be played on the PS3, why wouldn't it be possible for them to be played on the Vita?

Not saying it's going to happen, but it's certainly a reasonable wish.

And when they are putting games like FFX HD, MGS HD Collection, Jak and Daxter HD Collection and Sly Cooper HD Collection on it. Games that were on PS2 (yes I know they are remakes), it kind of makes people think, "Why not?" I'm not asking "Why not" as much as giving a reason people may feel this way. No reason to put them down.

Heck, I'm playing a game (Stranger's Wrath) on my Vita that was on the Original XBox. Same generation as the PS2 for those that aren't familiar with it. Smiley Surprised Smiley Wink

Message 33 of 53 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

May 15, 2013

Why is US PSN still missing MGS PO and PO+ from the PSP for the Vita?

Message 34 of 53 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2065 posts

May 15, 2013

That is one of the problems. Questions like these that are never addressed. Who knows except Sony.

Message 35 of 53 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

May 15, 2013
:^/ One thing that stopped me from adopting Vita at launch was that the mobile version was GSM only. GSM cellular technology is used in every country in the world, while the competing CDMA is used mostly only in the U.S. and Canada. However, my existing cellular provider uses CDMA.

This means that I wouldn't be able to program the Vita to use my existing cellular data plan, and would have to subscribe to a second cellular data service instead. No, thank you.

So, creating and releasing a CDMA version of the Vita would have gone a long way towards winning me over, and likely many more as well.
Message 36 of 53 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

May 15, 2013

Danger_Dad wrote:
:^/ One thing that stopped me from adopting Vita at launch was that the mobile version was GSM only. GSM cellular technology is used in every country in the world, while the competing CDMA is used mostly only in the U.S. and Canada. However, my existing cellular provider uses CDMA.

This means that I wouldn't be able to program the Vita to use my existing cellular data plan, and would have to subscribe to a second cellular data service instead. No, thank you.

So, creating and releasing a CDMA version of the Vita would have gone a long way towards winning me over, and likely many more as well.

Pretty sure you cannot simply add the Vita to an existing plan anyway. That's why I find the whole 3G model pointless (and probably why Sony stopped making them). Just get the WiFi-only version.

Message 37 of 53 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

May 15, 2013
:^/ It would depend on how much was user-adjustable. In theory, it could work just fine.

WiFi-only wouldn't work en route to work and back, though.
Message 38 of 53 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

May 15, 2013

Danger_Dad wrote:
:^/ It would depend on how much was user-adjustable. In theory, it could work just fine.

WiFi-only wouldn't work en route to work and back, though.

Not for multiplayer, but you can still play single-player. I've never run into an issue with playing any game while on the road without WiFi. Trophies are still earnable as well and get synced when you eventually connect.

Message 39 of 53 (155 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28968 posts

May 15, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Rome wasn't built in a day, and don't you dare say "what does that mean?".

This isn't a civilization, it's a console. They had the experience obtained with the PSP, they just messed up big time and more than a year since launch, it's perfectly warranted that people have doubts about Sony when even Sony themselves have doubts about the PSV (Helloooo 5M forecast)~.

Take an English class and learn what simile and metaphor mean.

Message 40 of 53 (145 Views)
0 Likes