Reply
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
28974 posts
 

Re: How can we and Sony save the PS Vita

May 15, 2013

fantasyplayer wrote:

You know, a good and rare idea for sony would to do a survey and ask people what it would take for them to buy one. Somrthing that companys use to do that worked. It could not hurt anyway.


Why? So you can say "put a disc changer in it"? What makes you think someone off the street has a better idea? And for the record, it took 700 years to build Rome, and that's after Romulus stabbed Remus. Maybe if "gamers" actually picked up a book once in a while, they'd have a better grasp on the English language, and not think so literally.

Message 41 of 53 (282 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
16918 posts
 

Re: How can we and Sony save the PS Vita

May 15, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

Danger_Dad wrote:
:^/ One thing that stopped me from adopting Vita at launch was that the mobile version was GSM only. GSM cellular technology is used in every country in the world, while the competing CDMA is used mostly only in the U.S. and Canada. However, my existing cellular provider uses CDMA.

This means that I wouldn't be able to program the Vita to use my existing cellular data plan, and would have to subscribe to a second cellular data service instead. No, thank you.

So, creating and releasing a CDMA version of the Vita would have gone a long way towards winning me over, and likely many more as well.

Pretty sure you cannot simply add the Vita to an existing plan anyway. That's why I find the whole 3G model pointless (and probably why Sony stopped making them). Just get the WiFi-only version.


It would have allowed Vita owners to use their existing smartphone data plan they already pay for, instead of paying $15 for every month you want 3G access. Which is simply a terrible model.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 42 of 53 (260 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 06/20/2012
Offline
2536 posts
 

Re: How can we and Sony save the PS Vita

[ Edited ]
May 15, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Take an English class and learn what simile and metaphor mean.

 

Only if you go to a support group to get the fanboy who wants to justify a flop no matter what out of you~.

Message 43 of 53 (245 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 02/22/2012
Online
2068 posts
 

Re: How can we and Sony save the PS Vita

[ Edited ]
May 15, 2013

Sorry Captain did not mean to get your panties in wad with that one. Mabe you need to read books on surveys and coustomer relations to see how good they work. Sounds like you are into book and all that. They use to work great back when companys used them.

 

Chill out we are not against you or your beloved Sony. We are just trying to have a civil conversation here. I know that is hard for you sometimes.

 

Do you think they could get a disk changer in it ??? I would perfer a umd changer.  Ha Ha Ha and Ha

 

Happy Gaming

Message 44 of 53 (226 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 12/26/2012
Offline
1916 posts
 

Re: How can we and Sony save the PS Vita

May 15, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

xClayMeow wrote:

Danger_Dad wrote:
:^/ One thing that stopped me from adopting Vita at launch was that the mobile version was GSM only. GSM cellular technology is used in every country in the world, while the competing CDMA is used mostly only in the U.S. and Canada. However, my existing cellular provider uses CDMA.

This means that I wouldn't be able to program the Vita to use my existing cellular data plan, and would have to subscribe to a second cellular data service instead. No, thank you.

So, creating and releasing a CDMA version of the Vita would have gone a long way towards winning me over, and likely many more as well.

Pretty sure you cannot simply add the Vita to an existing plan anyway. That's why I find the whole 3G model pointless (and probably why Sony stopped making them). Just get the WiFi-only version.


It would have allowed Vita owners to use their existing smartphone data plan they already pay for, instead of paying $15 for every month you want 3G access. Which is simply a terrible model.


Again, no carrier allows you to simply add the Vita to your existing data plan! I have AT&T for my phone, which is one of the carriers that supports the Vita, but I am NOT able to simply add the Vita to it...gaming devices are separate from smartphones. Trust me, I would have gotten a 3G Vita if I could just slap it on my existing plan considering I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan.

Message 45 of 53 (207 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 12/09/2008
Offline
35 posts
 

Re: How can we and Sony save the PS Vita

May 16, 2013

Best way for Sony to "save" the Vita (although i would argue it doesn't need saving): Foster good relationships with developers, cut the price of the memory card. 

 

Best way for us to "save" the Vita: Buy stuff. Buy stuff you like.

Gamer for Life! Senior Community Specialist for Turbine, Inc.
Message 46 of 53 (175 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/20/2012
Offline
2536 posts
 

Re: How can we and Sony save the PS Vita

May 16, 2013
Considering the PSV is selling less than 15k units in the West (meaning US + EU) the system does need saving. Also, the numbers it's putting in Japan are growing smaller each week now that the releases are becoming scarce. All in all, one of the many things that have to be done to save the system (which sale numbers prove that has to be saved) is to launch games~.
Message 47 of 53 (174 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/07/2009
Online
13606 posts
 

Re: How can we and Sony save the PS Vita

May 16, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

xClayMeow wrote:

Danger_Dad wrote:
:^/ One thing that stopped me from adopting Vita at launch was that the mobile version was GSM only. GSM cellular technology is used in every country in the world, while the competing CDMA is used mostly only in the U.S. and Canada. However, my existing cellular provider uses CDMA.

This means that I wouldn't be able to program the Vita to use my existing cellular data plan, and would have to subscribe to a second cellular data service instead. No, thank you.

So, creating and releasing a CDMA version of the Vita would have gone a long way towards winning me over, and likely many more as well.

Pretty sure you cannot simply add the Vita to an existing plan anyway. That's why I find the whole 3G model pointless (and probably why Sony stopped making them). Just get the WiFi-only version.


It would have allowed Vita owners to use their existing smartphone data plan they already pay for, instead of paying $15 for every month you want 3G access. Which is simply a terrible model.


Again, no carrier allows you to simply add the Vita to your existing data plan! I have AT&T for my phone, which is one of the carriers that supports the Vita, but I am NOT able to simply add the Vita to it...gaming devices are separate from smartphones. Trust me, I would have gotten a 3G Vita if I could just slap it on my existing plan considering I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan.


Incorrect.

 

http://us.playstation.com/psvita/att/

 

AT&T Mobile Share: PS Vita can be added to a Mobile Share Plan for just $10 a month! Get shared data for all your devices plus Unlimited Talk & Text for your phones on one simple plan. Plans range from 1GB to 20GB of data to share, and the more you share the more you save. Learn more here

 

If you do the mobile share plan with your smartphones (where everyone on the plan has shared data), then the Vita can be added for $10.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 48 of 53 (172 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 12/26/2012
Offline
1916 posts
 

Re: How can we and Sony save the PS Vita

May 16, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

xClayMeow wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

xClayMeow wrote:

Danger_Dad wrote:
:^/ One thing that stopped me from adopting Vita at launch was that the mobile version was GSM only. GSM cellular technology is used in every country in the world, while the competing CDMA is used mostly only in the U.S. and Canada. However, my existing cellular provider uses CDMA.

This means that I wouldn't be able to program the Vita to use my existing cellular data plan, and would have to subscribe to a second cellular data service instead. No, thank you.

So, creating and releasing a CDMA version of the Vita would have gone a long way towards winning me over, and likely many more as well.

Pretty sure you cannot simply add the Vita to an existing plan anyway. That's why I find the whole 3G model pointless (and probably why Sony stopped making them). Just get the WiFi-only version.


It would have allowed Vita owners to use their existing smartphone data plan they already pay for, instead of paying $15 for every month you want 3G access. Which is simply a terrible model.


Again, no carrier allows you to simply add the Vita to your existing data plan! I have AT&T for my phone, which is one of the carriers that supports the Vita, but I am NOT able to simply add the Vita to it...gaming devices are separate from smartphones. Trust me, I would have gotten a 3G Vita if I could just slap it on my existing plan considering I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan.


Incorrect.

 

http://us.playstation.com/psvita/att/

 

AT&T Mobile Share: PS Vita can be added to a Mobile Share Plan for just $10 a month! Get shared data for all your devices plus Unlimited Talk & Text for your phones on one simple plan. Plans range from 1GB to 20GB of data to share, and the more you share the more you save. Learn more here

 

If you do the mobile share plan with your smartphones (where everyone on the plan has shared data), then the Vita can be added for $10.


Read what he said - he wants to use an existing data plan for no additional cost. What you linked to has an additional cost. And I don't know if you've actually visited the AT&T Wireless site (I have, because again, I actually did look into this when I was considering what Vita to get), but the Mobile Share Plans are **bleep** expensive to begin with (more than a standard plan). Here's the link.

Message 49 of 53 (168 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
Registered: 08/07/2009
Online
13606 posts
 

Re: How can we and Sony save the PS Vita

May 16, 2013

Well if he had an AT&T smartphone, he could just stick his SIM into the Vita and it'd work.

 

But anyway, the share plans aren't THAT expensive.

 

My brother and I are on a family plan (both smartphones)

 

We both have the 2GB data plan for $25/mo (the one no longer offered)

 

I did the math, and we could switch to the 4GB shared data plan and it'd cost the same as we're currently paying (only instead of 2GB each, it'd be the 4GB shared)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 50 of 53 (165 Views)
Reply
0 Likes