Dec 01 2012
By: KomodoBrothers Lombax Warrior 113 posts

How can I download DLC on my other account?

6 replies 214 views Edited Dec 1, 2012

I downloaded DLC on my account and now it won't let me download it on my second account. It doesn't show up on the download list in account management. I assumed that when you install DLC it installs it into the system, not the account. Can I use this DLC on any account as long as it is on the same system? Please help

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Re: How can I download DLC on my other account?

Dec 1, 2012

TRY PUTTING YOUR OLD ACCOUNT ON YOUR NEW SYSTEM AS A FRIEND, YOU CAN HAVE UPTO 5 ACCOUNTS ON ONE SYSTEM .

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Dec 1, 2012
No that did not work, I don't see why it would anyway -_-
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Dec 1, 2012

Any downloads are locked to your account and will only work with this account

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (201 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14257 posts

Dec 1, 2012

littlesleepyjim2 wrote:

TRY PUTTING YOUR OLD ACCOUNT ON YOUR NEW SYSTEM AS A FRIEND, YOU CAN HAVE UPTO 5 ACCOUNTS ON ONE SYSTEM .

Thats just not how it works.....

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (188 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14257 posts

Dec 1, 2012

You need to put the account you have existing purchases with, on the other PS3 you have. And then activate the PS3.

Not all purchases will work on other user accounts.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (187 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4384 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 2, 2012

KomodoBrothers wrote:

I downloaded DLC on my account and now it won't let me download it on my second account. It doesn't show up on the download list in account management. I assumed that when you install DLC it installs it into the system, not the account. Can I use this DLC on any account as long as it is on the same system? Please help

Some DLC will work for any accounts on the same PS3.  You can't download it with a second account because it's owned by the first accout, but if you've downloaded it with the first account, it may work with the second account.  

The claim that "YOU CAN HAVE UPTO 5 ACCOUNTS ON ONE SYSTEM" is inaccurate and misleading.  You can have many more than 5 accounts (I'm not sure what the actual limit is), but they were probably thinking of having a single account on 5 systems (which is also inaccurate).

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (173 Views)
0 Likes