Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/27/2012
Online
3323 posts
 

Re: How big will the ps4 system storage be?

May 1, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Why not wait until E3 and find out then?


If the PS4 has the hdd upgradable, which is very likely, then the size wont be an issue because you'd be able to upgrade anyway.

 

IF the HDD is not upgradable, its pretty safe to say that the drive will be a decent size.



i could be wrong but i am willing to bet a buck that the HDD in the 4 will be a proprietary drive...i say it will still be upgradeable but i think they will do this in to further their efforts to reduce hacking of the system.

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 11 of 20 (141 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
16918 posts
 

Re: How big will the ps4 system storage be?

May 1, 2013

kythunder wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Why not wait until E3 and find out then?


If the PS4 has the hdd upgradable, which is very likely, then the size wont be an issue because you'd be able to upgrade anyway.

 

IF the HDD is not upgradable, its pretty safe to say that the drive will be a decent size.



i could be wrong but i am willing to bet a buck that the HDD in the 4 will be a proprietary drive...i say it will still be upgradeable but i think they will do this in to further their efforts to reduce hacking of the system.


You may be right..... 

But I'd buy them anyway.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 12 of 20 (137 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 04/21/2000
Offline
10011 posts
 

Re: How big will the ps4 system storage be?

May 1, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

kythunder wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Why not wait until E3 and find out then?


If the PS4 has the hdd upgradable, which is very likely, then the size wont be an issue because you'd be able to upgrade anyway.

 

IF the HDD is not upgradable, its pretty safe to say that the drive will be a decent size.



i could be wrong but i am willing to bet a buck that the HDD in the 4 will be a proprietary drive...i say it will still be upgradeable but i think they will do this in to further their efforts to reduce hacking of the system.


You may be right..... 

But I'd buy them anyway.


I'd still buy it too but i want a big HDD 120 gigs isnt gonna do anything for me except make me frustrated lol

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 13 of 20 (134 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 12/22/2008
Offline
926 posts
 

Re: How big will the ps4 system storage be?

[ Edited ]
May 1, 2013

I don't buy into the whole "it's likely to be proprietary" with regards to the HDD in the PS4. The only reason this "rumor" is being perpetuated is that a spec sheet released by Sony had the line "built-in HDD" in it. In comparison, the PS3 has a "built-in" HDD. It's inside the system and comes with it when you buy it.

It reads to me like Sony is stating that the HDD will be internal to the console and will not be an external HDD. Considering that the system is owned by a Japanese company, the differentiation between "Built-In" and "Internal" is likely a "lost in translation" thing.

Message 14 of 20 (132 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 04/21/2000
Offline
10011 posts
 

Re: How big will the ps4 system storage be?

May 1, 2013

Jdurg wrote:

I don't buy into the whole "it's likely to be proprietary" with regards to the HDD in the PS4. The only reason this "rumor" is being perpetuated is that a spec sheet released by Sony had the line "built-in HDD" in it. In comparison, the PS3 has a "built-in" HDD. It's inside the system and comes with it when you buy it.

It reads to me like Sony is stating that the HDD will be internal to the console and will not be an external HDD. Considering that the system is owned by a Japanese company, the differentiation between "Built-In" and "Internal" is likely a "lost in translation" thing.



That was good movie and it was based in Japan lol just thought i'd throw that in there

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 15 of 20 (128 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 12/22/2008
Offline
926 posts
 

Re: How big will the ps4 system storage be?

May 1, 2013
Hahaha. Was hoping someone would pick up on that comment. Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 20 (126 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
16918 posts
 

Re: How big will the ps4 system storage be?

May 1, 2013

Jdurg wrote:

I don't buy into the whole "it's likely to be proprietary" with regards to the HDD in the PS4. The only reason this "rumor" is being perpetuated is that a spec sheet released by Sony had the line "built-in HDD" in it. In comparison, the PS3 has a "built-in" HDD. It's inside the system and comes with it when you buy it.

It reads to me like Sony is stating that the HDD will be internal to the console and will not be an external HDD. Considering that the system is owned by a Japanese company, the differentiation between "Built-In" and "Internal" is likely a "lost in translation" thing.


Thats all it is at this point. Speculation. The spec sheet isn't what anyone expected.... it was simply what was unveiled that the Feb 20th conference.

They did this on purpose.

it wouldn't be TOO FAR out of the realm of speculation that the hdd could be proprietary because there are some things that hackers/modders have done just digging around in the hdd...


Furiously Chaosing
Message 17 of 20 (124 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/05/2012
Offline
98 posts
 

Re: How big will the ps4 system storage be?

May 1, 2013

They don't even make 120GB hard drives anymore. The 250GB in the 360 is as small as they come. Even dirt cheap laptops at Bestbuy have 300-500GB HD in them these days.

Message 18 of 20 (110 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
29187 posts
 

Re: How big will the ps4 system storage be?

May 1, 2013

I know that in the internet age where everyone logs on, and posts questions on a message board that this isn't the answer you want to hear, but nobody knows yet. Nobody knows. All we can do is guess. If you start speculating and you base your assumptions off of that speculation, you'll probably be disappointed.

Message 19 of 20 (107 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/27/2012
Online
3323 posts
 

Re: How big will the ps4 system storage be?

[ Edited ]
May 1, 2013

YES i would still buy it also no doubt,thats not what i was meaning..just my thinking on the HDD and how i think it will be and my assumption had nothing to do with the spec sheet that was released...

 

like i said i could be wrong and be way off from what i am thinking but they are going to do everything possible to curb this machine from being hacked like the PS3..and i expect they will make drastic changes to how the firmware all incorporates between all the internal hardware...

 

theres a lot of JB ps3's out there now and games are free though torrent sites and Sony nor the Devs are happy about it..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 20 of 20 (97 Views)
Reply
0 Likes