Nov 17 2006
By: TheeCommander First Son 22 posts

How are we supposed to talk online?

16 replies 4 views Edited Nov 17, 2006
Pro Military Gaming for Active Duty, Guard, Reservists, Spouses and Dependants at http://www.newtroop.com

My PSN Name: PMG_Major_J

My XboxLive name: PMG Major J

I am always looking for good gamers to add to my friends list, I am they guy that gets every good new game, so if you are up for some good gaming look me up.

See you online!
Message 1 of 17 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7211 posts

Re: How are we supposed to talk online?

Nov 17, 2006
With an USB or bluetooth headset...
Message 2 of 17 (4 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Nov 17, 2006
I am coming from Xbox Live, I am sitting sending messages to all my friends on the 360 to tell them my name on PS3 online and suddenly I realize there was no microphone in our PS3 box.

I called EBgames and they said they think we have to use the wired usb from the ps2, I dont get that wireless controller and wired mic to the console?!!

If any of you know of any bluetooth mics that you know work because you are using one let me know, so I can go but it, I have Fall of man but have no clue how I am going to in game chat.

I was reading back to the Q&A on IGN and they said they tried bluetooth sets and had no luck.

Anyone had any Luck?
Pro Military Gaming for Active Duty, Guard, Reservists, Spouses and Dependants at http://www.newtroop.com

I am always looking for good gamers to add to my friends list, I am they guy that gets every good new game, so if you are up for some good gaming look me up.

See you online!
Message 3 of 17 (4 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Nov 17, 2006
They will probably start making bluetooth headsets geared towards the playstation 3. Ex. bigger battery life. Ill just use my cell headset for now and my usb ps2 headset.

Message Edited by Encrypted900 on 11-17-2006 03:11 PM
Message 4 of 17 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
702 posts

Nov 17, 2006
Bluetooth headsets do work. You have to pair it and then go to accesories and assign in and out.  Oh, Bluetooth 2.0 headsets work.
PSNetwork ID: AdvanDelta
Message 5 of 17 (4 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Nov 18, 2006
I just got one and yeah the PS3 was able to connect to it, but I played Fall of Man and couldnt hear anyone talking at all, is there anything special that we have to do?

See you online!
Message 6 of 17 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3877 posts

Nov 18, 2006
Me and kman79 tested out a bluetooth headset that he uses for his cell phone it worked perfectly, I used my PS2 usb logitech headset.  If your in the lobby for R:FOM you have to press the L3 button to talk, once you get in the game you can just talk without pressing the button.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 7 of 17 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
201 posts

Nov 18, 2006
So is it that just no one has hooked a mic up yet? Cuz I've been playing for about 5 hours now and havent heard a single voice.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment." -Conspiracy
Message 8 of 17 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2560 posts

Nov 18, 2006
Ive got a Mtorola H350 new,and the PS3 recognizes it but when i go to a game i cant hear or talk?? HELP!

Proud Playstation Veteran.
Message 9 of 17 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
201 posts

Nov 18, 2006
I havent heard any voice in resistance at all. We're using a usb headset. Has ANYONE used voice in FOM? On the back of the box it doesnt say that it is headset compatible...something that is usually on the back on ps2 boxes.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment." -Conspiracy
Message 10 of 17 (4 Views)
0 Likes