Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 28 2013
By: Freak_Brother_ First Son 3 posts

How are they allowed to sell games that don't have functioning multiplayer ?

7 replies 226 views Edited Jul 28, 2013

I bought kof XIII from psn and the online play doesn't even work ? you just sit there for hours on end trying to find a match ? and it's game breakingly laggy and unplayable when you do ?

I want my money back it's being sold as functioning multiplayer when it isn't ? this has made me decide not to buy any more games for my ps3 and just use it for the psn+ games.

I feel totally ripped off.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (226 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11140 posts

Re: How are they allowed to sell games that don't have functioning multiplayer ?

Jul 28, 2013

The multiplayer is absolutely functioning. There's just no one playing it. Take that issue up with the developer or what remains of the game's community. It's a 2-3 year-old game, I'm not sure what you expected.

R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (221 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: How are they allowed to sell games that don't have functioning multiplayer ?

[ Edited ]
Jul 28, 2013

There are people online it's just the matchmaking system which isn't functioning as it should.

Lesson learned though never buying a a game ever again for ps3, it has no european playerbase at all the only people on psn appear to be mexicans on dial up.I feel so ripped off just thrown £12 in the toilet kof xIII should be like £3 on psn it's that bad.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (216 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11140 posts

Jul 28, 2013

Freak_Brother_ wrote:

there are people online it's just the matchmaking system which isn't functioning as it should.

Lesson learned though never buying a agame ever again for ps3, it has no european playerbase at all the only people on psn appear to be mexicans on dial up.

Alright cool, thanks for stopping by, see ya.

R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Jul 28, 2013

Freak_Brother_ wrote:

I bought kof XIII from psn and the online play doesn't even work ? you just sit there for hours on end trying to find a match ? and it's game breakingly laggy and unplayable when you do ?

I want my money back it's being sold as functioning multiplayer when it isn't ? this has made me decide not to buy any more games for my ps3 and just use it for the psn+ games.

To be fair I believe that game has single player, which is why it is likely still up on PSN for purchase. I doubt the matchmaking is broken..its more likely that just no one is playing it. (even if there were a few people online trying to play..what would there be like 3 people?)

I mean honestly..how many people did you think would be playing a so-so game 2 or 3 years after it was released?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9674 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 28, 2013

Freak_Brother_ wrote:

this is common with alot of multiplayer games, people eventually get tired of playing the game and move on to something else especially if the game has bad netcode from the start.. and the servers ultimatly suffer fo it because companies no longer feel it important to keep them running

>

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (157 Views)
Survivor
2318 posts

Jul 28, 2013

Such an underrated fighter but the game had a bad netcode from the start.  I remember it took way less than a month after the release in 2011 for the online community to die out.  A lot of fighting game players just went back to other fighters like Street Fighter and Marvel.

You're better off going to dreamcancel.com or srk to try and find active players online at this point.

#I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for what I'm not
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (144 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4158 posts

Jul 28, 2013

Freak_Brother_ wrote:

There are people online it's just the matchmaking system which isn't functioning as it should.

Lesson learned though never buying a a game ever again for ps3, it has no european playerbase at all the only people on psn appear to be mexicans on dial up.I feel so ripped off just thrown £12 in the toilet kof xIII should be like £3 on psn it's that bad.

You might want to go here:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/English-Forums/ct-p/55

Try and see if you can find any other European gamers to play it with.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (114 Views)