Reply
Jul 28 2013
By: Freak_Brother_ First Son 3 posts
Offline

How are they allowed to sell games that don't have functioning multiplayer ?

7 replies 260 views Edited Jul 28, 2013

I bought kof XIII from psn and the online play doesn't even work ? you just sit there for hours on end trying to find a match ? and it's game breakingly laggy and unplayable when you do ?

 

I want my money back it's being sold as functioning multiplayer when it isn't ? this has made me decide not to buy any more games for my ps3 and just use it for the psn+ games.

 

I feel totally ripped off.

 

Message 1 of 8 (260 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/20/2008
Offline
11942 posts
 

Re: How are they allowed to sell games that don't have functioning multiplayer ?

Jul 28, 2013

The multiplayer is absolutely functioning. There's just no one playing it. Take that issue up with the developer or what remains of the game's community. It's a 2-3 year-old game, I'm not sure what you expected.

Message 2 of 8 (255 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 07/28/2013
Offline
3 posts
 

Re: How are they allowed to sell games that don't have functioning multiplayer ?

[ Edited ]
Jul 28, 2013

There are people online it's just the matchmaking system which isn't functioning as it should.

Lesson learned though never buying a a game ever again for ps3, it has no european playerbase at all the only people on psn appear to be mexicans on dial up.I feel so ripped off just thrown £12 in the toilet kof xIII should be like £3 on psn it's that bad.

Message 3 of 8 (250 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/20/2008
Offline
11942 posts
 

Re: How are they allowed to sell games that don't have functioning multiplayer ?

Jul 28, 2013

Freak_Brother_ wrote:

there are people online it's just the matchmaking system which isn't functioning as it should.

Lesson learned though never buying a agame ever again for ps3, it has no european playerbase at all the only people on psn appear to be mexicans on dial up.


Alright cool, thanks for stopping by, see ya.

Message 4 of 8 (247 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 03/13/2011
Offline
294 posts
 

Re: How are they allowed to sell games that don't have functioning multiplayer ?

Jul 28, 2013

Freak_Brother_ wrote:

I bought kof XIII from psn and the online play doesn't even work ? you just sit there for hours on end trying to find a match ? and it's game breakingly laggy and unplayable when you do ?

 

I want my money back it's being sold as functioning multiplayer when it isn't ? this has made me decide not to buy any more games for my ps3 and just use it for the psn+ games.

 

I feel totally ripped off.

 


To be fair I believe that game has single player, which is why it is likely still up on PSN for purchase. I doubt the matchmaking is broken..its more likely that just no one is playing it. (even if there were a few people online trying to play..what would there be like 3 people?)

 

I mean honestly..how many people did you think would be playing a so-so game 2 or 3 years after it was released?




Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Message 5 of 8 (233 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 02/02/2005
Offline
11693 posts
 

Re: How are they allowed to sell games that don't have functioning multiplayer ?

[ Edited ]
Jul 28, 2013

Freak_Brother_ wrote:

I bought kof XIII from psn and the online play doesn't even work ? you just sit there for hours on end trying to find a match ? and it's game breakingly laggy and unplayable when you do ?

 

I want my money back it's being sold as functioning multiplayer when it isn't ? this has made me decide not to buy any more games for my ps3 and just use it for the psn+ games.

 

I feel totally ripped off.

 


this is common with alot of multiplayer games, people eventually get tired of playing the game and move on to something else especially if the game has bad netcode from the start.. and the servers ultimatly suffer fo it because companies no longer feel it important to keep them running

>

Message 6 of 8 (191 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/09/2009
Offline
2696 posts
 

Re: How are they allowed to sell games that don't have functioning multiplayer ?

Jul 28, 2013

Such an underrated fighter but the game had a bad netcode from the start.  I remember it took way less than a month after the release in 2011 for the online community to die out.  A lot of fighting game players just went back to other fighters like Street Fighter and Marvel.

 

You're better off going to dreamcancel.com or srk to try and find active players online at this point.

Juli photo juli6.gif
Message 7 of 8 (178 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 09/13/2007
Offline
4404 posts
 

Re: How are they allowed to sell games that don't have functioning multiplayer ?

Jul 28, 2013

Freak_Brother_ wrote:

There are people online it's just the matchmaking system which isn't functioning as it should.

Lesson learned though never buying a a game ever again for ps3, it has no european playerbase at all the only people on psn appear to be mexicans on dial up.I feel so ripped off just thrown £12 in the toilet kof xIII should be like £3 on psn it's that bad.


 

You might want to go here:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/English-Forums/ct-p/55

 


Try and see if you can find any other European gamers to play it with.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."


Message 8 of 8 (148 Views)