Dec 31 2013
By: IceColdKilla44 Gaming Beast 1773 posts

How about more PS1 Classics for Plus Members?

3 replies 619 views Edited Dec 31, 2012

I noticed that PS Plus used to give away a TON of PS One games (I still remember that in October 2011 they gave away all the Crash Bandicoot games for free!). But lately...not so much. I actually can't remember the last time Sony either had a sale on PS1 Classics or gave them for free to Plus members.

Would you guys like to see more PS1 games added to our Instant Game Collection? Maybe one Classic every month in addition to the PS3 Full game(s)? 

Message 1 of 4 (619 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11421 posts

Re: How about more PS1 Classics for Plus Members?

Dec 31, 2012

The last time that a PlayStation game was added would have been this past May. At that time Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Castlevania Chronicles were offered as the month's PSOne Classics. Then in June the Instant Game Collection was announced, and the whole Plus program was reshaped. Gone were PlayStation games, and in came a full slate of PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Network titles. This trend has continued in the months afterward, with a number of games being switched in and out of the pile. Whether PlayStation games will be given away again at a later date is uncertain. It seems that new PSOne Classics have strayed from their release streak too, so that might have something to do with it.

Message 2 of 4 (614 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1773 posts

Dec 31, 2012

Oh yeah, I actually did pick up Castlevania SotN. Forgot about that one haha.

Don't get me wrong; I love that we're getting full PSN games now, and some really great ones too (Quantum Conundrum, Trine 2, and Lara Croft & GoL are some of my favorites). But with new Classics being added constantly (and with PS2 Classics becoming more significant thanks to additions like Psychonauts and the GTA titles), it would be nice if Plus members either got them for free or got a really nice sale on them, so we could keep them forever.

Message 3 of 4 (606 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 1, 2013
The last time we got PSone games was during the Olympics, where we got International Track and Field & Hot Shots Golf. They were really bonus games, as I think at this point some people would complain about getting PSone games after getting PSN & PS3 games...
Message 4 of 4 (571 Views)