Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Re: How Sony Could Make PS+ Just A Little More Desirable

Feb 16, 2011

yeah i knew about the theme making - BUT my kids 3,4,7 use the ps3 as much as i do - and they use my account for getting the kiddie trophies. so no nude ones for me

BUT (literraly) if i was to make a theme -Why make it almost nude????? if i could have something like that on my ps3 (the days before kids) i would have a nice set of honkers on there - and im not talking about canadian geese

Message 31 of 45 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
468 posts

Feb 16, 2011

I love honkers too......

imagesCAZ6RULM.jpg

...and Canadian geese.

Message 32 of 45 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Feb 16, 2011

LOL well here go to this site they have it all Disney to Terminator as well as p3t extractor the tool neded to customize a curent theme....  for some reason the site is down maybe server maintenance but here she is anyway

Console Themes

I hope that they are just doing server maintenace they have the best things in my opinion

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 33 of 45 (8 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Feb 16, 2011

I have to admit that I appriciate a thread that goes T&A (with honkers to boot).

Message 34 of 45 (8 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Feb 20, 2011

Using PS Plus as a PS Home Passport allowing Plus users the right to travel to other PS Home Regions allowing us to purchase content from those respected PS Home Regions as well as access to that regions PS Store to buy some of their PS Store Content on top of that.....

If this was a feature of PS Plus I would place my credit card on my account and go ahead and get billed automaticaly for such a feature....But for now the "Cloud Save" feature will keep me buying PS Plus cards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 35 of 45 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Feb 24, 2011

PS Plus Must Haves

1. XGC...just allow us to have the ability to talk to my girlfriend on PS  Home while chatting with her brother on Killzone 3 while chatting with  friends in AD-Hoc Party while chatting with friends in GT5 while  chatting with friends in PS Store and that one guy ya'll all know from  the Japan PSN Region as he tells you what it is like over in Japan

2. Right to region hop over PSN in the PS Store and PS Home allowing your  account to purchase content from those regions Store and Home alike for  use with your account...Don't say it can't be done cause people buy  passports and plane tickets go to other regions of the world buy things  with their International bank account and bring them back home with  them...

3. Custom Avatars...and just for the oh people will abuse it and have lude  pics complainers...make it so I can take in game screen shots and use  them as my avatar...everything from PS Home photo's...to how we have the  nice photo shoot in GT5 we should have so been able to have those pics  as PSN avatars...to camera pics taken from MGS4 gameplay...(besides the indecent pic is a weak excuse not to give us custom avatars when my Comment is so not regulated)

4. "Streaming Of" Yes someone said it but allow me to clarify...STREAMING  OF.... Netflix, Hulu, PS Sore Content, and yes any and all content  placed in the PS3 BRD and on the PS3 HDD....in Voice Video Chat rooms  and in PS Home on those Video Players and as well sell me a boombox that  plays my HDD music media (granted all for personal spaces only)

5. Not the last or least just to really twist it up if SCEA is really  wanting to put a wrench in how this is used over PSN such features, such  PS Plus exclusives can one of two things be done......

A. Allow the Plus member to share such features with all their friends be  it 6 people in the chat room or however many people can fit in a  specific private Space on PS Home...

B. Or make it so as the only way to enjoy or be apart of these features is  to be a Plus member your self as well....then we'll see how many people  get PS Plus then...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 36 of 45 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
210 posts

Feb 25, 2011

1.) Definitely a must. I totally support this. It's about freakin

time, we're only 5 years into this console gen already (for sony...6

for the 360). it's pretty appalling that this isn't here yet.

2.) This isn't realistic. Though it's easy to do, different

departments run different regions, for both game devs and Sony. This

is why licensing issues occurr and etc. and why some regions get more

or less than others. You can't just flip a switch and make it work,

that's just simply not possible.

3.) I think custom avatars could work, just make it work the same way

banks work with custom credit cards. You submit an image for approval.

However, this service would most definitely not be free and definitely

more costly since this would involve the creation of a new department

to handle it, though having the option would be amazing and I would

definitely consider it.

4.) the boom box thing that streams your personal music is probably

the best idea I've ever heard for PS Home. Streaming of netflix and

Hulu Plus from within your personal space sounds awesome too,

especially if you want to watch a movie with someone, but they live

too far away or something. I think this is totally do-able as long as

all members have an account with said providers. Would work the same

way that that theather worked for netflix on the 360.

5.) Sony needs to finally start making money off of the Playstation

Network. However, a few things that they can do with the suggesstions

you provided, because honestly I like most of them.

*XGC they have down pat, need Plus to do it, but only the host in the

XGC needs to have Plus. Totally fair, that's what they said was going

to happen when we got it. Awesome.

*Custom avatars...give a huge discount to Plus members for the, but

still have them available to regular PSN members, just at the higher

price point.

*I think streaming your own personal music should be a Plus specific

feature, though the netflix and hulu stuff i think should be open to

everyone. That's a pretty awesome idea.

Message 37 of 45 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Feb 25, 2011

JonJonXD wrote:

2.) This isn't realistic. Though it's easy to do, different

departments run different regions, for both game devs and Sony. This

is why licensing issues occurr and etc. and why some regions get more

or less than others. You can't just flip a switch and make it work,

that's just simply not possible.

Not realistic dude I have had  family members come from Japan,France and other parts of the world they  have visted and brought back things they bought with their International  Banking account...forget realistic this is real life it happens all the  time...shoot it's happening now as we type....LOL.....

Dude such battles happen between H.E.B. and Wal-Mart...never the less you can still purchase products from either one.....LOL

My  friend that switch is called money...once there is enough hype and  reason created by users for such a thing...companies will make liscenes  to get that money...and they will not hesitate to do so....LOL

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 38 of 45 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Feb 25, 2011

StuByph,

Sony can't open up the stores to people of different regions due to license issues. Most games are only licensed to be used in certain countries and are not allowed to be sold in a different country. There was an article about this a while ago mentioning the reasons why PSone games are available in one region but not the other. This is completely different than going to France, buying a movie there you can't buy in the USA, then coming back home with the movie.

Sharing video in Home wont work for this very reason. You might be licensed to view the video, but your friend might not be. I suppose it might work if you ensure that all users are licensed to view that content But I just don't see the need to watch a movie, in a virtual environment, with an avatar and at a likely reduced quality.

XGC is rumored to never to happen due to some select old EA games not working. It might be nice to have (I personally don't see the need to talk to someone out side the game that I am playing, I think that might be distracting actually), but I think that we will just be limited to chating within the same game or app.

Message 39 of 45 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Feb 25, 2011

markburleson85 wrote:

StuByph,

Sony can't open up the stores to people of different regions due to license issues. Most games are only licensed to be used in certain countries and are not allowed to be sold in a different country. There was an article about this a while ago mentioning the reasons why PSone games are available in one region but not the other. This is completely different than going to France, buying a movie there you can't buy in the USA, then coming back home with the movie.

Sharing video in Home wont work for this very reason. You might be licensed to view the video, but your friend might not be. I suppose it might work if you ensure that all users are licensed to view that content But I just don't see the need to watch a movie, in a virtual environment, with an avatar and at a likely reduced quality.

XGC is rumored to never to happen due to some select old EA games not working. It might be nice to have (I personally don't see the need to talk to someone out side the game that I am playing, I think that might be distracting actually), but I think that we will just be limited to chating within the same game or app.

You failed to explain how that is diffrent...my buying a pasport, and a plane ticket going to Japan buying a game and coming back to the US to play it...compared to buying it over PSN and playing it....with that in mind what violation am I in if I have a Japan profile and use my international banking account to buy things from that region of PSN ???

(Cough-sneezes) {XBOX} I as well seem to miss the fact that a person who is liscened is able to have their un-liscened children enjoy them some Netflix as well along with them....It looks to as well that Hulu is still free online on my PC..what about you are they charging in your region??? As well it doesn't have to be at PS Home, though it would be nice... and maybe for you but I get HD playback on RE Afterlife sneak peak as well as the other video's they play at home...My Stuff is crystal clear....granted my "house hold" uses Time Warner's high speed boost and we only have one liscened modem...yet all PC's, PS3's, Laptop's, PSP's, PSP Go's, and soon the NGP have the right to use the liscened product that we have one of in the house.....LOL...

Ahh yes XGC...can we can we not who know's...is it nescacary to talk to my friends in GT5' GTA4,Socom 4, and Lego Star Wars the Clone Wars, while I am just haging out on PS Home...No not really...LOL......Could I manage to start up my own Elite Group of hardcore gamers who have a PS3 and a PC sitting right next to it with dual Screens so we could all be on "TeamSpeak 3" doing a crazy all over and outside of PSN X-Chat....No cause not everybody has it like that...LOL...However would it be nice to Cross-XMB Chat allowing me to talk to others while I'm in PS Store or any other XMB Ops that remove you from the chat room...Yes that would be nice...LOL

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 40 of 45 (8 Views)
0 Likes