Reply
Gaming Beast
Registered: 08/02/2006
Offline
2429 posts
 

Re: How Sony Could Make PS+ Just A Little More Desirable

Oct 19, 2010

TACOMANii wrote:

Sony told members what they would get, and then people buy it, and then not happy with it, they ask for more features that were never offered.  I don't think Sony will make any profit by giving every plus member $20,000 worth of services for their $50. People have illogical goals, and pipe dreams.

 

No wonder Obama and leftist groups have taken over in this country.  

 

I STILL WANT MY PONY RIDES!!!


Dear god, just shut up already.

 

Look, the problem with Plus is that Sony is advertising it to the wrong crowd.

 

As it stands now, Plus is for the people who have

A. Are just buying a PS3

B. Who have never bought much PSN content to begin with but are interested

 

Trying to convince the people who have already supported the PS Store before Plus that they'll get their money's worth is just wrong. I mean if you like playing free crap that you never would've bought in the first place then good for you. But don't expect others to eat it too. It would be alot better if Sony would just make PS3 Plus Bundles for consumers for the holiday season.

 

Oh...and in my opinion republicans basically gave the country to Obama with all crap they piled up for him to fix. Its a good way to get simple minded people like you to easily put the blame on him when he can't fix it in over a day. The game of politics is fun.   


Message 11 of 45 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/23/2010
Offline
230 posts
 

Re: How Sony Could Make PS+ Just A Little More Desirable

Oct 19, 2010

nelo07 wrote:

TACOMANii wrote:

Sony told members what they would get, and then people buy it, and then not happy with it, they ask for more features that were never offered.  I don't think Sony will make any profit by giving every plus member $20,000 worth of services for their $50. People have illogical goals, and pipe dreams.

 

No wonder Obama and leftist groups have taken over in this country.  

 

I STILL WANT MY PONY RIDES!!!


Dear god, just shut up already.

 

Look, the problem with Plus is that Sony is advertising it to the wrong crowd.

 

As it stands now, Plus is for the people who have

A. Are just buying a PS3

B. Who have never bought much PSN content to begin with but are interested

 

Trying to convince the people who have already supported the PS Store before Plus that they'll get their money's worth is just wrong. I mean if you like playing free crap that you never would've bought in the first place then good for you. But don't expect others to eat it too. It would be alot better if Sony would just make PS3 Plus Bundles for consumers for the holiday season.

 

Oh...and in my opinion republicans basically gave the country to Obama with all crap they piled up for him to fix. Its a good way to get simple minded people like you to easily put the blame on him when he can't fix it in over a day. The game of politics is fun.   


Not arguing for republicans, arguing against leftists, which just hide as demo.

 

Sony never forced anyone to buy plus, to buy an optional service and then ask for more costly services is rediculous. people need to realize that Sony is a for profit company. If they don't make profit with plus, they will need to kill it or make it profitable. Asking for services which will increase the cost, without increasing their income isn't making it profitable..

 

 

And the argument for the people who already have the games is stupid, because Sony didn't have a gun to your head and force you to buy it. You gambled, and lost. They gave enough notice of the features to determine if they wanted it or not.

 

Start asking for services which will not add cost to sony is logical, asking for services for more FREEBIES or Entitlements is basically being a bunch of babies.

                    That was a word from the Tacoman
Message 12 of 45 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 08/02/2006
Offline
2429 posts
 

Re: How Sony Could Make PS+ Just A Little More Desirable

Oct 19, 2010

TACOMANii wrote:

nelo07 wrote:

TACOMANii wrote:

Sony told members what they would get, and then people buy it, and then not happy with it, they ask for more features that were never offered.  I don't think Sony will make any profit by giving every plus member $20,000 worth of services for their $50. People have illogical goals, and pipe dreams.

 

No wonder Obama and leftist groups have taken over in this country.  

 

I STILL WANT MY PONY RIDES!!!


Dear god, just shut up already.

 

Look, the problem with Plus is that Sony is advertising it to the wrong crowd.

 

As it stands now, Plus is for the people who have

A. Are just buying a PS3

B. Who have never bought much PSN content to begin with but are interested

 

Trying to convince the people who have already supported the PS Store before Plus that they'll get their money's worth is just wrong. I mean if you like playing free crap that you never would've bought in the first place then good for you. But don't expect others to eat it too. It would be alot better if Sony would just make PS3 Plus Bundles for consumers for the holiday season.

 

Oh...and in my opinion republicans basically gave the country to Obama with all crap they piled up for him to fix. Its a good way to get simple minded people like you to easily put the blame on him when he can't fix it in over a day. The game of politics is fun.   


Not arguing for republicans, arguing against leftists, which just hide as demo.

 

Sony never forced anyone to buy plus, to buy an optional service and then ask for more costly services is rediculous. people need to realize that Sony is a for profit company. If they don't make profit with plus, they will need to kill it or make it profitable. Asking for services which will increase the cost, without increasing their income isn't making it profitable..

 

 

And the argument for the people who already have the games is stupid, because Sony didn't have a gun to your head and force you to buy it. You gambled, and lost. They gave enough notice of the features to determine if they wanted it or not.

 

Start asking for services which will not add cost to sony is logical, asking for services for more FREEBIES or Entitlements is basically being a bunch of babies.


I'm not saying Sony forced people to buy Plus. I'm saying they're targeting it to the wrong people. To them, they think plus is good for people who buy content on the ps store on a weekly basis. But its the opposite.

 

And since betas aren't promised for every Plus member, its really nothing but a crapshoot. What I keep saying on here (and on the blog) is that if Sony wants to improve Plus, give us discounts (NOT FREEBIES!) on recent DLC for their first party titles. I'm cool with the free PSONE classics, but cut us some slack for new add content deals once in a while. Since more and more games are relying on dlc, you'd think Sony would keep that in mind for Plus. 


Message 13 of 45 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/23/2010
Offline
230 posts
 

Re: How Sony Could Make PS+ Just A Little More Desirable

Oct 19, 2010

I'm not saying Sony forced people to buy Plus. I'm saying they're targeting it to the wrong people. To them, they think plus is good for people who buy content on the ps store on a weekly basis. But its the opposite.

 

And since betas aren't promised for every Plus member, its really nothing but a crapshoot. What I keep saying on here (and on the blog) is that if Sony wants to improve Plus, give us discounts (NOT FREEBIES!) on recent DLC for their first party titles. I'm cool with the free PSONE classics, but cut us some slack for new add content deals once in a while. Since more and more games are relying on dlc, you'd think Sony would keep that in mind for Plus. 


I think having discounts on new DLC is something that sony will be able to sell plus on. Not only will people sign up for plus to save money, they will also be buying more software (maybe even more than the xcompetitionbox.).

 

Plus definitely needs to improve, I'm tired of people asking for services that is unreasonable, or more costly than what they charge for the service. I originally made my mocking post to make light of how people come on here, feel that their $50 could be better spent elsewhere, and start letting people know that plus would be worth it if the playstation plus could also be used as life support for their ailing family members.

 

But, kudo's to you.

                    That was a word from the Tacoman
Message 14 of 45 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/27/2007
Offline
8703 posts
 

Re: How Sony Could Make PS+ Just A Little More Desirable

Oct 19, 2010

I think it would be a little unrealistic to expect anything more than we are getting now(Considering what we're getting, of course). I mean I've already made more than my money back and I haven't even played anything from the last two months because of how busy I am, and now MORE stuff is about to come out.

 

I think people need to realize, Playstation Plus is what it is, it's not supposed to be this thing where you pay $50 and you get everything for free each month on top of the discounts and whatnot. They have limitations, and no matter what Sony is about, if something isn't profitable, then they'll shut it down. So they are making more money than not with this thing, and I think it's a win-win because we're saving tons of money.

 

And I've said it before, but the short hand version is: Beta's aren't up to Sony. First-party or not, it's up to the developers. They can't let everyone in.

 

They are definitely going to add more things in. Plus isn't finalized, but it's just way too soon. Maybe the next year or so, it'll really start expanding. But if you give people 9x their money in the first six months(With the first three being free), I just can't see how that would be worth a profit. And if it's not making them money, they'll start cutting back on stuff that they give for free until they do.

Take back the future
Message 15 of 45 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/23/2010
Offline
230 posts
 

Re: How Sony Could Make PS+ Just A Little More Desirable

Oct 19, 2010

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

I think it would be a little unrealistic to expect anything more than we are getting now(Considering what we're getting, of course). I mean I've already made more than my money back and I haven't even played anything from the last two months because of how busy I am, and now MORE stuff is about to come out.

 

I think people need to realize, Playstation Plus is what it is, it's not supposed to be this thing where you pay $50 and you get everything for free each month on top of the discounts and whatnot. They have limitations, and no matter what Sony is about, if something isn't profitable, then they'll shut it down. So they are making more money than not with this thing, and I think it's a win-win because we're saving tons of money.

 

And I've said it before, but the short hand version is: Beta's aren't up to Sony. First-party or not, it's up to the developers. They can't let everyone in.

 

They are definitely going to add more things in. Plus isn't finalized, but it's just way too soon. Maybe the next year or so, it'll really start expanding. But if you give people 9x their money in the first six months(With the first three being free), I just can't see how that would be worth a profit. And if it's not making them money, they'll start cutting back on stuff that they give for free until they do.


You're def/ right about the value of plus. I think plus is a good value for the games, for which I recieved my money's worth already. I think where they need to improve on is in the communication for one, because I know I will be the biggest most pisssed of person if I paid $15 for a game, and it ends up being free in a week. So I don't buy any psn games because I will just wait for it or something else to be free (I think the opposite of their goal).

 

I think they can do more for plus members such as a chance to get cool marketing stuff which they give away free anyways. I wouldn't mind a poster, shirt or killzone stress ball.

 

These will be fun giveaways, and they are pretty much worthless to the company and they already make them.

 

These are good PR moves that most companies do. Keeps people excited about the future, and schwagg cheers people up.

                    That was a word from the Tacoman
Message 16 of 45 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/27/2007
Offline
8703 posts
 

Re: How Sony Could Make PS+ Just A Little More Desirable

Oct 19, 2010

 


TACOMANii wrote:

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

I think it would be a little unrealistic to expect anything more than we are getting now(Considering what we're getting, of course). I mean I've already made more than my money back and I haven't even played anything from the last two months because of how busy I am, and now MORE stuff is about to come out.

 

I think people need to realize, Playstation Plus is what it is, it's not supposed to be this thing where you pay $50 and you get everything for free each month on top of the discounts and whatnot. They have limitations, and no matter what Sony is about, if something isn't profitable, then they'll shut it down. So they are making more money than not with this thing, and I think it's a win-win because we're saving tons of money.

 

And I've said it before, but the short hand version is: Beta's aren't up to Sony. First-party or not, it's up to the developers. They can't let everyone in.

 

They are definitely going to add more things in. Plus isn't finalized, but it's just way too soon. Maybe the next year or so, it'll really start expanding. But if you give people 9x their money in the first six months(With the first three being free), I just can't see how that would be worth a profit. And if it's not making them money, they'll start cutting back on stuff that they give for free until they do.


You're def/ right about the value of plus. I think plus is a good value for the games, for which I recieved my money's worth already. I think where they need to improve on is in the communication for one, because I know I will be the biggest most pisssed of person if I paid $15 for a game, and it ends up being free in a week. So I don't buy any psn games because I will just wait for it or something else to be free (I think the opposite of their goal).

 

I think they can do more for plus members such as a chance to get cool marketing stuff which they give away free anyways. I wouldn't mind a poster, shirt or killzone stress ball.

 

These will be fun giveaways, and they are pretty much worthless to the company and they already make them.

 

These are good PR moves that most companies do. Keeps people excited about the future, and schwagg cheers people up.


 

That would be a step in an awesome, yet familiar direction. These here forums used to be called the "Playstation Underground", and there were this set of users called the "GAP(Gamer Advisory Pannel). Sony would send them free stuff like hats, shirts, posters, and most interestingly enough: They were invited to every beta. Remember in-game XMB? Yeah, well you can thank GAP for that. Sony asked them what they wanted, GAP said "In-game XMB", and a month later, there it is.

 

I don't think Plus will be that far ahead of the pack, but it would be amazing if we could get into some exclusive contests where we'd get free swag. Also, I should note, that GAP members didn't have to enter contests. Sony just randomly sent out that stuff.

 

Communication though, is one thing we are not going to get. Sony does NOT communicate with it's fanbase. I mean yeah, they do these events and stuff, that's nice. But they don't communicate. You could be five seconds away from death and ask someone from Sony to just say "okay!" and you won't die, but they'll refuse.

 

We need someone like Major Nelson. Someone who tells us what we're going to be getting, when we'll be getting it, talking to the developers and asking them the questions we want to ask them. The Playstation Blog team does a great job, but it's just generalized questions they ask developers. You know? They ask things like "LOL SO TELL ME BRO, HOW AWESOME IS THIS GAME?" and I'm over here going "ASK THEM ABOUT THE LAG!! THE LAG!!"

 

Sony just needs a kick in the right direction. Especially the Playstation Blog's comments. Yeah, most of the comments are filled with so much spam even I'd break down and cry every day, but there are important questions in every blog that they just ignore. They never answer them. Even a "no comment" would suffice, because it shows they are listening.

 

Personally, I love the **bleep** out of Sony and am a huge supporter of them, but they need to start picking up the pace to keep up with it's growing fanbase.

Take back the future
Message 17 of 45 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/23/2010
Offline
230 posts
 

Re: How Sony Could Make PS+ Just A Little More Desirable

Oct 19, 2010

I PR person such as major nelson would be awesome, and be the face of playstation. They should have a little kevin butler character who is the

 

Assistant vice president of plus relations, AKA the assistant vice president of the network store.....

 

 

Microsoft is an american company, and PR is a big part of the business.

 

Sony is Japanese, and they known for secrecy and lacking good PR. Such as the Toyota recall process.

                    That was a word from the Tacoman
Message 18 of 45 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 07/20/2009
Offline
2321 posts
 

Re: How Sony Could Make PS+ Just A Little More Desirable

Oct 20, 2010

I nominate Megan Fox as the PS+ spoke person.

Photobucket
Message 19 of 45 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/23/2010
Offline
230 posts
 

Re: How Sony Could Make PS+ Just A Little More Desirable

Oct 20, 2010

moho-foe wrote:

I nominate Megan Fox as the PS+ spoke person.


 

I would agree, but we might need to get someone who will obtainable in the near future like nancy pelosi... hehe jk

                    That was a word from the Tacoman
Message 20 of 45 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes