Jun 06 2013
By: Mylo_Cordana Wastelander 826 posts
Accepted Solution

How Many Downloads Do I Get?

4 replies 145 views Edited Jun 6, 2013

I cannot seem to find a straight answer to this question anywhere.

How many times am I permitted to download things I've purchased from the PSN store, such as DLC packs or full games?

I ask because my PS3 hard drive is virtually full and I'll have to delete some game data if I wish to play new games.  I'm considering deleting the data from digitally downloaded games I rarely play, but I'm concerned about being able to recover them if I ever wish to play them again.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 5 (145 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13734 posts

Re: How Many Downloads Do I Get?

Jun 6, 2013

You are allowed to re-download any games, DLC, etc as many times as you want, if it's on the same console you originally purchased it on.

You are also allowed to download onto one other console infinitely as well.

That's the only limit on downloads. 2 consoles. But to those 2 consoles, infinite re-downloads.

For movies, it's one time only.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 5 (143 Views)
Wastelander
826 posts

Jun 6, 2013

I am thankful for your straight answer.  There appear to be many misconceptions about this, as I've had people tell me that the limit for downloads is numerical (i.e. content can only be downloaded two or five times).  If this is true, I suppose I should have no qualms about deleting downloaded games.  

Photobucket
Message 3 of 5 (135 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13734 posts

Jun 6, 2013

Yeah, the two or five times was regarding to how many different consoles can you re-download stuff on.

If you're using just one PS3, you can re-download to that same PS3 as many times as you want.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 5 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Jun 6, 2013

Yeah, When i initially looked for this a while ago, it was hard to find an answer. But as stated above I'm pretty sure its infinite, the number is just the systems you do download them to. 

To do an extra system, you would have to register it under the account that purchased the content and then remove one system.

Proud Owner of PS3, PS Vita, Nintendo Wii and 3DS.
O... I also have a 360.
Message 5 of 5 (118 Views)
0 Likes