Nov 02 2011
By: Oxn Lombax Warrior 116 posts

How Long Does It Take For DC Universe Online To Finish Loading Or Did My Game Freezed?

[ Edited ]
49 replies 49900 views Edited Mar 7, 2014

I just downloaded the free to play version of this game and I already had it installed but for some reason it is stuck on the loading screen after the silver bar was completed and the green one over it does not seem to barely move at all and it has been like this for literally 1 hour

Edit: Added label. Want to learn more about labels? Click here! -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 50 (49,900 Views)
Lombax Warrior
221 posts

Re: How Long Does It Take For DC Universe Online To Finish Loading Or Did My Game Freezed?

Nov 2, 2011

Apparently it takes a very long time.  I just encountered the same thing at the first loading screen.  It's been downloading for 5 minutes and it's only at 2%.  Looks like i'll be leaving my PS3 on all morning while I sleep.

Message 2 of 50 (49,900 Views)
MVP Support
9428 posts

Re: How Long Does It Take For DC Universe Online To Finish Loading Or Did My Game Freezed?

Nov 2, 2011

You could try to exit the game, if the whole thing is forzen it won't let you do a thing, and and if you close down the game, what already downloaded remains downloaded, so you won't have to redownload anything. However you said Loading, have you already downloaded it, note the game downloads once you start it up, and it does take quite awhile to download, more then a few hours, maybe more like 5 or even more depending on your internet speed. It's hard to say an exact time, it is a 15 GB download and install, and it also depends on how many people are download at one time, I remember during the beta, for the first little while, it took forever to download because there was so many people downloading at one time, but after it cooled off it went faster.

Message 3 of 50 (49,900 Views)
Fender Bender
3892 posts

Nov 2, 2011

This is where devs should have learned from Kojima and use P2P as an alternative when the http gets choked to death by the horde of downloaders.

Message 4 of 50 (49,900 Views)
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Nov 2, 2011

If the digital version is anything like the disc based install then it takes a long time. I thought mine froze too but decided to leave it on overnight and when I woke up the next day it was finished. So I'm not sure exactly how long it takes but I do know it takes a while and will seem like it's not doing much.

Message 5 of 50 (49,900 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1862 posts

Nov 4, 2011

Oxn wrote:

I just downloaded the free to play version of this game and I already had it installed but for some reason it is stuck on the loading screen after the silver bar was completed and the green one over it does not seem to barely move at all and it has been like this for literally 1 hour

Well, it all depends on your internet speed.  It took me 5 and a half hours to DL!  I have relatively fast internet (cable, wired) but it's 18gb!  So, it's gonna be a while.  Look below the green bar - it should tell you how much you have left and how long yo've been DLing.

Don't think you're problems are over after you are finished DLing, though.  I have yet to be able to play the game as it keeps saying I've been disconnected before I even start the game!!!  I've been trying for over an hour...

Message 6 of 50 (49,900 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Thats funny... mines bean downloading for 12 hours and its only 70% done.

Message 7 of 50 (46,506 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1136 posts

Oct 6, 2012

What

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like waffles
Message 8 of 50 (46,492 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Ive had the same problem even after I left it on all nite...

Oct 10, 2012

Ive had the same problem even after I left it on all nite downloading, the green bar barely moved.

Message 9 of 50 (46,396 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Re: Ive had the same problem even after I left it on all nite...

[ Edited ]
Oct 13, 2012

Mine has been downloading from the menu screen for days. It says its only 50% done; Hasn't this been a problem since the day the game launched. It seems like the problem is so hush hush because when I try to search for a solution to the problem online I only find official solutions from over a year ago and they say that they fixed it. Bologna!!

Message 10 of 50 (46,198 Views)