Sackboy
612 posts

Re: How I feel about PSN+ (no trolling please)

Jul 3, 2010

KAngermann wrote:

You have a point about the fact we hardly revisit games(including retail games) after we beat or tire of them. But that may go for me and you. For say a kid who saves up his allowance or job money to find out if he goes away to college and neglegts his account. He loses the freebies. You would be surprised about how many folk revisit games. I can afford to buy all the games I really want but others can't so they squeeze every bit of life out of said games for entertainment or platinum trophy value. Sorry man but I think it should be left to us to delete them,..not forgetting to pay a bill.

You don't loose the games forever, as soon as you sign back up you regain access to all of them. $50 a year is a very small sum to pay if you can't afford that you probably can't afford a PS3. And as for forggeting to pay the bill it's a pretty big reminder if all your games stop working, or you can set up automatic renewal. It's not like if you miss one month or a day they're gone forever just pay the $50 or $17 the next day or afternoon and its all cleared up. The fact you don't keep them has been made very clear if you rolling up quarters to buy PS+, then make sure you start rolling them up for the next year.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 14 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Jul 3, 2010

MGO_Count wrote:

Hex-One wrote:

KAngermann wrote:

Ok well I got it yesterday and i feel many are jumping to conclusions about it to soon. I am a bit dissapointed. Downloaded Age of Zombies and Rally Cross but some folks talked about a beta to Medal of Honor. Where is this elusive beta. Iv'e been a member of EA for 5 years and I got no code from that or the plus. And i mean why not throw us a bone Sony and give us a retail game like Infamous to us for free for investing in a year of this. It's a greatest hits game with 2 on the horizon. It made it's retail money already.

But to be honest this is only the first store update and I have the full year(plus 3 months,..is that the plus,lol). So i'll ride it out and hope for some interesting content. I mean the next retail release i'm interested in is Fallout Vegas so i had the money and was curious. One thing that really gets me though is the fact that if I lose my job and can't afford the service,..I lose all the freebies. Are you kidding me Sony. Not a great reward for those who invested in you're highly critisized service. So i'll ride it out and hope we get bigger and better things other than Gauntlet 2 for 2.50. Cmon,..beat that game in the 80's. After a year if i'm not satisfied i'll split from plus. Let's see what they bring to us next before we totally lose it because a lot of people are indeed losing it and calling it a scam. Bet you they do us right on the Holidays.

Does that mean if we choose not to renew the PSN plus we will lose all the free games they gave us?   I'm considering buying the PSN plus this weekend. 

Yeah; but the DLC's, and some contents; you can keep.

Hey; it's better than paying for live to play multiplayer.. lol

MGO I doubt you've ever played on a 360. The LIVE service is wonderfully lag free, unlike my many experiences playing Killzone 2 on PSN. I'd rather pay a premium for quality online competitive gaming than discounts and older game rentals. Thanks.

On topic: The idea behind PSN+ is solid. It's a really low rate, there is a lot of content on PSN I haven't played so it's an easy way to get access. It's just not content that I want yet. That's my whole issue.

That, and I'm saving my Gamestop credit for Gran Turismo 5. WANT!

Message 12 of 14 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1601 posts

Jul 3, 2010

SoCalJunglism wrote:

MGO_Count wrote:

Hex-One wrote:

KAngermann wrote:

Ok well I got it yesterday and i feel many are jumping to conclusions about it to soon. I am a bit dissapointed. Downloaded Age of Zombies and Rally Cross but some folks talked about a beta to Medal of Honor. Where is this elusive beta. Iv'e been a member of EA for 5 years and I got no code from that or the plus. And i mean why not throw us a bone Sony and give us a retail game like Infamous to us for free for investing in a year of this. It's a greatest hits game with 2 on the horizon. It made it's retail money already.

But to be honest this is only the first store update and I have the full year(plus 3 months,..is that the plus,lol). So i'll ride it out and hope for some interesting content. I mean the next retail release i'm interested in is Fallout Vegas so i had the money and was curious. One thing that really gets me though is the fact that if I lose my job and can't afford the service,..I lose all the freebies. Are you kidding me Sony. Not a great reward for those who invested in you're highly critisized service. So i'll ride it out and hope we get bigger and better things other than Gauntlet 2 for 2.50. Cmon,..beat that game in the 80's. After a year if i'm not satisfied i'll split from plus. Let's see what they bring to us next before we totally lose it because a lot of people are indeed losing it and calling it a scam. Bet you they do us right on the Holidays.

Does that mean if we choose not to renew the PSN plus we will lose all the free games they gave us?   I'm considering buying the PSN plus this weekend. 

Yeah; but the DLC's, and some contents; you can keep.

Hey; it's better than paying for live to play multiplayer.. lol

MGO I doubt you've ever played on a 360. The LIVE service is wonderfully lag free, unlike my many experiences playing Killzone 2 on PSN. I'd rather pay a premium for quality online competitive gaming than discounts and older game rentals. Thanks.

On topic: The idea behind PSN+ is solid. It's a really low rate, there is a lot of content on PSN I haven't played so it's an easy way to get access. It's just not content that I want yet. That's my whole issue.

That, and I'm saving my Gamestop credit for Gran Turismo 5. WANT!

I've probably played Live longer than you..

GT:Count Vyers

Halo 3 XP 1400+.. So don't say I've never played 360; because that is the first system I've bought.

14,000+ GS. 780+ Achievements. And my Live is going to end in July 2.

And no; I see no difference in latency lag. You should get FIber optics

I just gave up on 360 because they're always going to find a way for you to pay for Live. I stil remembered the time where you have to call Xbox just to turn off auto-renewal because they will always continue getting money from your card. Now you can do it online. But when I turn off renewal online (via web) you will have to go past 3 PAGES of "Why you should stay on Xbox live gold nation" before you can turn off your renewal.

I want the freedom for myself to choose what I want to buy. Not something they're holding hostage (Multiplayer access.)

Yeah their servers are silky smooth; but nothing beats free online play. So I'm buying +, Not because it's Sony. It's because it also helps pay for their servers that YOU "non + payers" wil be playing.

JOB: Electronic Arts QA Tester

Message 13 of 14 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 3, 2010

What really gets me is that so many rumours about PSN+ were out as soon as we heard they were releasing it. The two biggies that shouldn't be missing. Cross game chat, and cloud backup for save data.

My only hope is that we are all heard and they get those two things out quickly.

Another item that should be available PSN+ or not is the ability to listen to our own music we have on the console hard drive while we play any game. That is one thing the original xbox pioneered that really should have become a priority.

Oh! and Duel sign in so we can co-op on the same console and both players get their respective trophies!

Message 14 of 14 (7 Views)
0 Likes