Highlighted
Jul 02 2010
By: KAngermann Gaming Beast 2551 posts

How I feel about PSN+ (no trolling please)

13 replies 33 views Edited Jul 2, 2010

Ok well I got it yesterday and i feel many are jumping to conclusions about it to soon. I am a bit dissapointed. Downloaded Age of Zombies and Rally Cross but some folks talked about a beta to Medal of Honor. Where is this elusive beta. Iv'e been a member of EA for 5 years and I got no code from that or the plus. And i mean why not throw us a bone Sony and give us a retail game like Infamous to us for free for investing in a year of this. It's a greatest hits game with 2 on the horizon. It made it's retail money already.

But to be honest this is only the first store update and I have the full year(plus 3 months,..is that the plus,lol). So i'll ride it out and hope for some interesting content. I mean the next retail release i'm interested in is Fallout Vegas so i had the money and was curious. One thing that really gets me though is the fact that if I lose my job and can't afford the service,..I lose all the freebies. Are you kidding me Sony. Not a great reward for those who invested in you're highly critisized service. So i'll ride it out and hope we get bigger and better things other than Gauntlet 2 for 2.50. Cmon,..beat that game in the 80's. After a year if i'm not satisfied i'll split from plus. Let's see what they bring to us next before we totally lose it because a lot of people are indeed losing it and calling it a scam. Bet you they do us right on the Holidays.

Message 1 of 14 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1601 posts

Re: How I feel about PSN+ (no trolling please)

Jul 2, 2010

KAngermann wrote:

Ok well I got it yesterday and i feel many are jumping to conclusions about it to soon. I am a bit dissapointed. Downloaded Age of Zombies and Rally Cross but some folks talked about a beta to Medal of Honor. Where is this elusive beta. Iv'e been a member of EA for 5 years and I got no code from that or the plus. And i mean why not throw us a bone Sony and give us a retail game like Infamous to us for free for investing in a year of this. It's a greatest hits game with 2 on the horizon. It made it's retail money already.

But to be honest this is only the first store update and I have the full year(plus 3 months,..is that the plus,lol). So i'll ride it out and hope for some interesting content. I mean the next retail release i'm interested in is Fallout Vegas so i had the money and was curious. One thing that really gets me though is the fact that if I lose my job and can't afford the service,..I lose all the freebies. Are you kidding me Sony. Not a great reward for those who invested in you're highly critisized service. So i'll ride it out and hope we get bigger and better things other than Gauntlet 2 for 2.50. Cmon,..beat that game in the 80's. After a year if i'm not satisfied i'll split from plus. Let's see what they bring to us next before we totally lose it because a lot of people are indeed losing it and calling it a scam. Bet you they do us right on the Holidays.

You don't really want to play the MoH beta.. do you know how hard it is for me to get to the beta? well; I had to contact the live support for 3 times and the queue line was around 200-300 people. Because the code wasn't working and all those crazy stuffs.

And the game freezes up when you get a killstreal. The guns has no recoils and the AK's will beat you out even if your using a sniper around 40m away.. The game is stupid;

I like to give games a second chance but the game just feels dull and lifeless. You'll see what I mean once you get it...

JOB: Electronic Arts QA Tester

Message 2 of 14 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
774 posts

Jul 2, 2010

KAngermann wrote:

Does that mean if we choose not to renew the PSN plus we will lose all the free games they gave us?   I'm considering buying the PSN plus this weekend. 

Message 3 of 14 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1601 posts

Jul 2, 2010

Hex-One wrote:

KAngermann wrote:

Does that mean if we choose not to renew the PSN plus we will lose all the free games they gave us?   I'm considering buying the PSN plus this weekend. 

Yeah; but the DLC's, and some contents; you can keep.

Hey; it's better than paying for live to play multiplayer.. lol

JOB: Electronic Arts QA Tester

Message 4 of 14 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3113 posts

Jul 2, 2010
You lose access to them when your subscription ends. When you renew it you will be able to play it again. This just regards the free games you get.
Message 5 of 14 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
774 posts

Jul 2, 2010

AwesomeGuy wrote:
You lose access to them when your subscription ends. When you renew it you will be able to play it again. This just regards the free games you get.

Hmmmmmm.  Thanks for clearing that up.  I guess that how they get you if you decide to not renew anymore.  It's something to think about.

Message 6 of 14 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
770 posts

Jul 2, 2010

Hmm, I don't want to sound like one of the myriad whiners that owns a PS3 and wants everything free but my complaints about PSN+ are:

I was under the impression that the PSN store discount was applied to all purchases (20%-50% off all purchases), not just one or two items that are preselected (maybe I don't want to buy DLC for a game I don't own). 

I buy a lot of PSN games so if they keep making the freebies old games that I already own that doesn't help me much. If I was interested in a title then I already bought it. I see people saying that only people who use the PSN store a lot will benefit from PSN+, I think someone who has never bought anything would benefit more.

To be fair the complaints about losing access to games if you quit subscribing are based on pure conjecture and are not a concern for anyone that has actually played many PSN games. Be honest, how many PSN games do you actually go back and replay after finishing it a few times or getting all of the trophies unless there is DLC.

Think of it this way: you buy a new game for $60, beat it and sell it to gamestop for $30, guess what, you just paid $30 to rent that game for a week.

Message 7 of 14 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2551 posts

Jul 2, 2010

You have a point about the fact we hardly revisit games(including retail games) after we beat or tire of them. But that may go for me and you. For say a kid who saves up his allowance or job money to find out if he goes away to college and neglegts his account. He loses the freebies. You would be surprised about how many folk revisit games. I can afford to buy all the games I really want but others can't so they squeeze every bit of life out of said games for entertainment or platinum trophy value. Sorry man but I think it should be left to us to delete them,..not forgetting to pay a bill.

Message 8 of 14 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Jul 2, 2010
It's meh for me. I wish they would offer newer games.
Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 9 of 14 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Jul 3, 2010

it's only the first month. they still have 11 scratch that 14 more months of content to bring forth.   I think it will definitely be worth it. Hopefully doesn't fall the way of Qore. 

Message 10 of 14 (33 Views)
0 Likes