Jun 10 2011
By: Leaper229 First Son 2 posts

Hotel WiFi Login Page Problem

[ Edited ]
7 replies 27710 views Edited Mar 31, 2014

So I am at a hotel and I am trying to connect my ps3 to the internet.

I set up the wifi settings and opened the browser.  I entered username and password the hotel gave me, but when I click "submit", nothing happens.  I'm stuck.

Any idea anyone?

I really wanna get Escalation ASAP!

PS: JavaScript is turned on.

Mod Edit: Updated label. Click here for more information on labels

Thanks!   ~lovely1rainbow

Message 1 of 8 (27,710 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Re: Hotel WiFi Login Page Problem

Jun 10, 2011

I'm not sure you will be able to connect the PS3 directly through the hotel network.  You will probably need to connect with a laptop and share the laptop's network connection.

Message 2 of 8 (27,710 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
264 posts

Jun 11, 2011

So if I understand correctly you went into your internet connection list and began the process of entering the hotel information provided?  You mentioned opening browser and that shouldn't even happen if you don't have connection to the hotel network.  What should be happening is 1) You go to your connection list and began a new setup for the internet connection 2) During the setup, one question should involve WPA Key 1 or 2 (password) it should be WPA1 for the hotel. 3) After hotel info has been inserted, you PS3 will began connection test so you can see where the process fails at or if not.

Again, your description is a little confusing because you state set up the wifi and then opening your browser.  Thats impossible that you're able to open the browser and enter information.  It should be entered in the connection list section and you should be able to see a test once all info has been inserted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Minds are like Parachutes. They work best when open." -gR3yGh051

Photobucket

"Coronation, Starscream? This is bad comedy!"
Message 3 of 8 (27,710 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10753 posts

Jun 11, 2011

Most 'public' wifi hotspots, such as hotels, are open (no) security.  You simply connect to the host.  Once your device is connected to the network, there may be a web page that opens automatically to enter the credentials the establishment gives you.  I believe it is at this point where the OP is having issues.

It could be that the network that the hotel provides is incompatible with the browser that the PS3 uses, or certain devices are simply disabled on their network.  Chances are pretty good that the hotel only supplies enough bandwidth for 'business' functions such as email and messaging, along with maybe some light browsing.  A call to the front desk may be in order to check on these issues.

Message 4 of 8 (27,710 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Feb 10, 2012

Obviously, our Ps3's DON'T "do everything" . I'm at a hotel right now, pissed off that I can't use the hotel wifi. All these updates and they haven't programmed this thing to detect the display type or auto detect a wireless network on the browser's pop up screen.  For this, I am boycotting the purchase of the psp coming out.

Message 5 of 8 (27,710 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6747 posts

Feb 10, 2012

Well yeah, the PS3 doesn't do everything, that was just a tagline to advertise it.  But this is most likely not a case where it's the PS3's problem, it's the hotel that blocks the device.  Talk to people in the hotel and they can tell you whether that's the case.  The PS3 can't hack into networks it is blocked from, and it would be unreasonable to expect that.  Also, there is no psp coming out, you're probably thinking of the Vita.

Message 6 of 8 (27,710 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 15, 2012

start over goto net setup and choose your wifi go thru it all and it will tell you internet fail as soon as that happens goto browser sign in as last name and room number click okay and it should tell you your connected then go back to net connetion in your settings and re run connection test that worked for me mind you i work for a hilton hotel

have fun playin nazi zombiezzzzzzzzzzzzz  

Message 7 of 8 (27,710 Views)
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 31, 2014

I know this is an older thread but I thought I would put this answer in here in case anyone else is looking for a solution.

I am staying at a hotel that pops up a web page when you access their WiFi. This web page wants passwords, names , room numbers and such. On my PS3 I went to the Network Settings and told it to connect to the hotel WiFi with no security or password. When you get all the way through the settings to the Internet Test it is going to fail. That is OK. Go ahead and exit out back to the main screen. Open the browser on the PS3 and the same web page that pops up on your laptop should pop up. Answer the various questions and you should then be on the internet. Now you can sign on to PSN.

DO NOT go back into the wireless settings and try it again after you have connected the first time. It will just fail the second time and you will have to go back to the browser and login again.

You will need to do this each time you turn on your PS3. I would imagine this trick will work exactly the same on a PS4.

Hello

Thanks for helping! 

Since this is an old thread, it will be closed now Smiley Happy

lovely1rainbow

Message 8 of 8 (18,948 Views)