Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
414 posts

Re: @Home for Vita? (Or Remote playable) Thoughts?

Aug 15, 2012
Well talk about it. Would you be more "willing" to check out home and all its various sections more on your Vita vs PS3?

~Battlez-avec la Mystique?~
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 31 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1578 posts

Aug 15, 2012
so i just watched youtube for ps home. its like sims combined with gta. im not sure about this.
http://uspgc.webs.com

#1XBOX #2 PSV #3 ps3 thumbs down. Shoo fly don't bother me!
AlbaTron209 EST.1985
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 31 (111 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11160 posts

Aug 15, 2012

AlbaTron209 wrote:
so i just watched youtube for ps home. its like sims combined with gta. im not sure about this.

I've tried it out. When it was still in closed Beta (but towards the end when they were adding testers to test server stress.) I did not enjoy it myself. It's like Sims or 2nd Life. An MMO without the RPG. They have added a lot of things since I tried it last. They have some kind of an MMORPG type game headed to Home. It's not just about meeting people and talking any more. There are mini games and events.

But it is not something that I enjoyed when I first experienced it. I am not big on social interaction outside of message board forums. Believe it or not, I really am not a social person. But I like it here on the PSN forums :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 31 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
844 posts

Aug 16, 2012
The beta version was the best because you could just talk without using the "cell phone". I wouldn't mind a Vita Home version, but it would be separate from the PS3 version. Heck, I'd even go for those old AOL-type chat rooms.
My Playstation Collection consists of:
152 PS3 games - 564 PS2 games - 72 PS1 games - 202 PSP games - 11 PS Vita games

Over 1,100 games total :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 31 (104 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3004 posts

Aug 16, 2012

guidoXXL wrote:
whatever happened to "Rooms" for the psp? it was like home on a smaller scale.
Does anyone else remember this?

I was under the impression that the "Rooms" concept was a user suggestion, but I may be remembering wrong.  I'm not aware of any version of Home in development for Vita right now.  

I don't have a Vita, so I'm not sure, does it have a remote play feature like the PSP does?  Maybe it would be possible in the future to get on Home that way.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 31 (100 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11160 posts

Aug 16, 2012

Tease3211 wrote:

guidoXXL wrote:
whatever happened to "Rooms" for the psp? it was like home on a smaller scale.
Does anyone else remember this?

I was under the impression that the "Rooms" concept was a user suggestion, but I may be remembering wrong.  I'm not aware of any version of Home in development for Vita right now.  

I don't have a Vita, so I'm not sure, does it have a remote play feature like the PSP does?  Maybe it would be possible in the future to get on Home that way.

The Vita does have the Remote Play feature like the PSP does.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 31 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
614 posts

Aug 16, 2012
Home is a good time killer and a great way for clans to meetup and launch games together.

Did a bit of research and yes it was as you describe. But also pitched in the same way home was.

Since beta home has exploded: from multiple genres of free games from fps to stratego type games. Free videos/ movies on demand, giveaways and even more. Home alone has enough to keep someone busy with exploration alone. I suggest at least checking it out. Loads of freebies.
-ignorance is destroying man... one step at a time.-
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 31 (84 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3860 posts

Aug 17, 2012

heres sum videos of Room

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Room for PlayStation Portable

Developer Sony Computer Entertainment Japan
Type Online community service - Virtual world
Platform PlayStation Portable

Room for PlayStation Portable (officially styled R∞M, in capital letters with an infinity symbol in the place of the two O's, also marketed as PlayStation Room) was a community-based social networking service that halted development on April 15, 2010. It was being developed by Sony Computer Entertainment Japan and was being beta tested in Japan from October 2009 to April 2010 for the PlayStation Portable on the PlayStation Network. The service was similar to the PlayStation 3's service, PlayStation Home.

Room was first announced at TGS 2009 and was in an update at PlayStation Japan, but was temporarily unavailable. It could be launched directly from the PlayStation Network section of the PSP's XrossMediaBar after it had been downloaded and installed onto the PSP system. Just like in Home, PSP owners would have been able to invite other PSP owners into their rooms, which were called "my rooms", to "enjoy real time communication." The service would have been free, with additional premium content available at launch. The service was to be available for all models of the PSP. Sony announced that the PSP service would allow users to create 3D avatars, room spaces, blogs, albums, and chat support.

A closed beta test occurred from October 2009 up to April 15, 2010. Selected PSP owners received an invitation and more details to participate in the closed beta test. PSP owners in Japan were able to sign up for the closed beta test from September 24, 2009 to October 5, 2009 on the Japanese website. Requirement was that they had access to the internet from their PSP and that they were 18 years or older and had a PlayStation Network master account.

Development of the service halted on April 15, 2010 due to the feedback from the community. SCE Japan thanked those who participated in the beta testing for their feedback.

facebook.com/gamer316
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 31 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
414 posts

Aug 20, 2012
Idea is now up for voting for. http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/08/16/home-to-be-on-vita-or-remote-play/

~Battlez-avec la Mystique?~
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 31 (39 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Aug 21, 2012

Nice. I think the people working on home should def get on some remote play functionality.

The more cross over with PS3 the better, IMO.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 31 (36 Views)
0 Likes