Fender Bender
4294 posts

Re: Hmmmm..... Fishy?

Jul 3, 2005

,gigablade77 wrote:
Real Time doesn't mean it's happeneing right there and then, it means it was rendered in real time (it's actively rendered in-game). That's how they did all the demos to avoid problems.

not the duckie demo tho, right?,
Big Bubba|| on 11/10/2005
PSN: Bubba_R
------ Sniper (3173 posts) on 05-08-2007 11:14 PM ------

1337!
Message 11 of 31 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4437 posts

Jul 3, 2005

Big Bubba wrote:
so the clip was real time (pre recorded) ?   and heavenly sword doesnt look real time, it looks like a cutscene.

The,first part of the Heavenly Sword video (the face) was pre-rendered, but,the rest of the video was gameplay footage assembled into a demo video.
Message 12 of 31 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4294 posts

Jul 3, 2005

,null,

Aleman wrote:

The first part of the Heavenly Sword video (the face) was pre-rendered, but the rest of the video was gameplay footage assembled into a demo video.

and the fire cannon part.
Big Bubba|| on 11/10/2005
PSN: Bubba_R
------ Sniper (3173 posts) on 05-08-2007 11:14 PM ------

1337!
Message 13 of 31 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15330 posts

Jul 3, 2005
when he said real time, h meant it was recorded in real time. they couldn't risk running it in actual real time in front of everybody in case something went wrong

I have been putting both the PRO and FAN in PROFANITY since July 22nd 1990
The l33t
||PS2 Help||CAD comics||PC building guide||My Flickr Gallery||My Deviantart Gallery||
Message 14 of 31 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9342 posts

Jul 3, 2005

Big Bubba wrote:

Aleman wrote:

The,first part of the Heavenly Sword video (the face) was pre-rendered, but,the rest of the video was gameplay footage assembled into a demo video.

and the fire cannon part.

The only thing that isnt built off of the game engine is the initial close up of the red-head
However, this is actually part of my sig.
Message 15 of 31 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4437 posts

Jul 3, 2005

DagMX wrote:
when,he said real time, h meant it was recorded in real time. they couldn't,risk running it in actual real time in front of everybody in case,something went wrong

No, that's not why.  They did the Eye Toy demos real-time in front of everyone...
Message 16 of 31 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15688 posts

Jul 3, 2005

Aleman wrote:

DagMX wrote:
when he said real time, h meant it was recorded in real time. they couldn't risk running it in actual real time in front of everybody in case something went wrong

No, that's not why. They did the Eye Toy demos real-time in front of everyone...

Yes, the eye-toy was needed in real-time because of what it was, and the duckie demo was real-time, but most of the demos are pre-recorded to avoid problems and to allow them to edit the videos to give them some umph.
Message 17 of 31 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1170 posts

Jul 3, 2005
Heavenly Sword was the only one that looked real time as in it was a real game engine, but it looked scripted.. it's the only demo that got me excited
Message 18 of 31 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4437 posts

Jul 3, 2005

gigablade77 wrote:

Aleman wrote:

DagMX wrote:
when,he said real time, h meant it was recorded in real time. they couldn't,risk running it in actual real time in front of everybody in case,something went wrong

No, that's not why. They did the Eye Toy demos real-time in front of everyone...

Yes,,the eye-toy was needed in real-time because of what it was, and the,duckie demo was real-time, but most of the demos are pre-recorded to,avoid problems and to allow them to edit the videos to give them some,umph.

Screw that.  I want to see people,demonstrating games by playing them, such as the Gears of War,video.  If they're going to be running into problems, then they,should have polished the game more before demoing it.
Message 19 of 31 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15688 posts

Jul 3, 2005

Aleman wrote:

gigablade77 wrote:

Aleman wrote:

DagMX wrote:

Yes, the eye-toy was needed in real-time because of what it was, and the duckie demo was real-time, but most of the demos are pre-recorded to avoid problems and to allow them to edit the videos to give them some umph.

Screw that. I want to see people demonstrating games by playing them, such as the Gears of War video. If they're going to be running into problems, then they should have polished the game more before demoing it.

Hm, so you'd rather them have not shown the Playstation 3 games and hardawre because they're not ready just bcz you want to see it in real time. That makes sense.
Message 20 of 31 (0 Views)
0 Likes