May 30 2014
By: Axwar First Son 1 posts
  • Find more conversations like this:
  • Other

High Stakes Poker Kickstarter

[ Edited ]
14 replies 3680 views Edited May 31, 2014

The matchmaking servers are shutting down so we are looking to relaunch the game on the PS3, Vita and PS4 and started a Kickstarter campaign.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coresoft/high-stakes-on-the-vegas-strip-poker-edition-relau

Mod Edit: Updated Labels. Please click here to learn more about Labels. Thanks! - Platima

Message 1 of 15 (3,680 Views)
Splicer
67 posts

Re: High Stakes Poker Kickstarter

May 31, 2014

Hi my poker friends.  As you may know the High Stakes On The Vegas Strip: Poker Edition servers are being shut down on 5/31/14.  This Playstation 3 Network game is the only viable mutiplayer poker game in the Playstation Store.  It has many types of poker along with many excellent features, including video/voice chat.  It is truly a unique poker game.  I and all my friends have been playing this game for years.  In fact, it is the only PS game that I have not stopped playing since I bought it.  We are all sad that we won't be able to get together and play this great poker any more.  In fact, we won't be able to play any PS poker game since there aren't any new poker games on the PS4 either.

A lot of disabled and sick people play this game because they can handle the controls and ease of use.  Text chat is available.  However, it also allows them to communicate using video and/or voice chat, which is easier than texting.  It gives them a way to socialize with people and have some laughs with friends, which they otherwise wouldn't be able to do if they're incapacitated.

To keep this game going on the PS3 servers and to develop the game for the PS4 and Vita, Coresoft would have to raise the money for the servers that Glu (the current owner) is shutting down.  So Coresoft set up a "Kickstarter" campaign.  Please go to the Kickstarter website for High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition, and show your support by pledging anything you can afford, even if it's just a dollar.  (No money will be taken if Coresoft does not reach the goal needed.)   If you pledge at least $7, you will be given a redeemable code to download the game from the Playstation Store, so at least you'll get something for your money.  There are also other small "goodies" if you pledge more than $7.00.

So please, show your support for the only PS poker game.  As stated in Coresofts post, above, the link is:  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coresoft/high-stakes-on-the-vegas-strip-poker-edition-relau.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.  And hopefully, you'll be able to play a great, new poker game on the PS4 and Vita.  See you on the tables!

Rose Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 15 (3,654 Views)
Splicer
67 posts

May 31, 2014

The High Stakes Poker servers will go down today.  Please go to the Kickstarter High Stakes website (link is in the first post), and show your support for new High Stakes servers and for a new High Stakes Poker on the PS4 and Vita.  Then we will finally have a great poker game with video/voice chat on the PS4!  See you at the tables!  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 15 (3,603 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Jun 4, 2014

The High Stakes Poker servers are now down.  Now there is no online poker game for the PS3, PS4, and Vita. Please go to the Kickstarter High Stakes website (link is in the first post), and show your support for new High Stakes servers and for a new High Stakes Poker on the PS4 and Vita.  Then we will finally have a great poker game with video/voice chat on the PS4!  See you at the tables!  :smileyhappy:

Message 4 of 15 (3,494 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 4, 2014

it does not look like they are going to even come close to meeting the goal.  i am very dissapointed. this was the very first game that i purchased from PSN....  several screennames and billions in winnings....all gone. 

Message 5 of 15 (3,471 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jun 5, 2014
Next it will be every other game as well. Alot of people cannot aford a ps4 and they bearly pay for internet that paves the way to good gaming so really it just comes to money to have a good time with sony, the server is coresoft i guess and they can hit the switch but the real beef i got is with soe because all the cash they got off the game and they FAILED to notify all the users of the card game shutting down and why. They did not do a very good job of that and for that i will keep my ps3 until they pull the plug all together an i will switch to my computer and buy my games through the developers direct. After they (soe) treated me like crap on the phone they(soe) e-mailed me for a reveiw of that call but could not send me one for something, really?please!
Message 6 of 15 (3,434 Views)
I Only Post Everything
911 posts

Jun 5, 2014

Axwar wrote:

The matchmaking servers are shutting down so we are looking to relaunch the game on the PS3, Vita and PS4 and started a Kickstarter campaign.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coresoft/high-stakes-on-the-vegas-strip-poker-edition-relau

Mod Edit: Updated Labels. Please click here to learn more about Labels. Thanks! - Platima

Anyone with a NeoGaf and/or VGChartz forum log in that can post this there. I loved playing this game, a PS4 version would be most welcome.

Message 7 of 15 (3,387 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
911 posts

Jun 5, 2014
I'm backing this now. I hope this gets fully funded. I spent a lot of time playing this game online.

Does anyone want to help with a twitter campaign to help spread the word?
Message 8 of 15 (3,360 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Jun 5, 2014

I would back it but there needs to be a better poker game on the market. Not sure if high stakes is all that great.

Message 9 of 15 (3,357 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
911 posts

Jun 5, 2014

V8_R3L3NTL3SS_1 wrote:

I would back it but there needs to be a better poker game on the market. Not sure if high stakes is all that great.

What didn't you like about it and what would you like to see?

Message 10 of 15 (3,355 Views)
0 Likes