Jul 04 2007
By: Blazeking Fender Bender 3892 posts

Hide online status?

22 replies 10849 views Edited Jul 4, 2007
I was wondering if anybody besides me ever want to hide from their friends(list)? I mean, the "not available" status is ok and all, but why not just add the option to totally hide yourself like any other messenger?

That could help a lot of people who don't want to get nagged when someone knows their PS3 is on; like beta testers. Or when you're playing a game and you keep getting messages, you could be invisible to them.

Even though this detail is small, small things count, and this small thing should be included in an update later down the road.
Message 1 of 23 (10,849 Views)
Wastelander
781 posts

Re: Hide online status?

Jul 4, 2007

blazeking2 wrote:
I was wondering if anybody besides me ever want to hide from their friends(list)? I mean, the "not available" status is ok and all, but why not just add the option to totally hide yourself like any other messenger?

That could help a lot of people who don't want to get nagged when someone knows their PS3 is on; like beta testers. Or when you're playing a game and you keep getting messages, you could be invisible to them.

Even though this detail is small, small things count, and this small thing should be included in an update later down the road.

If people are "nagging" you, then they obviously are not your "friends" in which case, you should delete them. And who cares if you get messages from your friends while you're playing a game....as soon as we get in-game XMB, that issue will be a thing of the past. Personally, I can do without a 1.83 update to allow me to lie about my online status.
Shame On Sony
Message 2 of 23 (10,849 Views)
Lombax Warrior
230 posts

Jul 4, 2007
I know what you are saying.....I was in Home the other day and someone on my friends list would not quit buggin me about how to get it....ect ect ect.......I ended up deleting him anyways....pretty sure it was just some little kid anyways.....but Hidden would be nice too
Message 3 of 23 (10,849 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6827 posts

Jul 4, 2007

blazeking2 wrote:

So why dont your go to your settings on your XMB and take the notifications off..
Photobucket
Message 4 of 23 (10,849 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3892 posts

Jul 4, 2007

TristanMike wrote:

blazeking2 wrote:

If people are "nagging" you, then they obviously are not your "friends" in which case, you should delete them. And who cares if you get messages from your friends while you're playing a game....as soon as we get in-game XMB, that issue will be a thing of the past. Personally, I can do without a 1.83 update to allow me to lie about my online status.

Then why does every messenger service have that option? The PS3's PSN interface is nothing more than that, a messenger. Of course you don't want to delete your friends just so he doesn't see you online, maybe you're in a mood where you just don't want to talk to anybody and just want to game online. The naggers, I delete them if they keep saying "Please, please, please?" But some are cool afterwards and say sorry or something.

But the main reason for my opinion of the matter is privacy. You feel me now?
 It's not lying to your friends, just don't wan't to be bothered at that moment. Even when you're "not available" people can still get you. You don't always answer your phone, do you?
Message 5 of 23 (10,849 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3892 posts

Jul 4, 2007

Jezer29 wrote:

blazeking2 wrote:

So why dont your go to your settings on your XMB and take the notifications off..

you must not have read it correctly:

"I was wondering if anybody besides me ever want to hide from their friends(list)? I mean, the "not available" status is ok and all, but why not just add the option to totally hide yourself like any other messenger?"

turning notifications off just turns off the mail and chat notifications.....

Message Edited by blazeking2 on 07-04-2007 02:56 PM
Message 6 of 23 (10,849 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Oct 8, 2008

i agree here

i work from home alot and i have a few friends that know me or my company as i live in a village, my lad goes on my ps3 after school somedays and i get ear ache at work that im at home playing on my ps3 ok sometimes perhaps but not all the time so my lad gets to play online and i get earache so i would like to be able to be obline but hide that from my friends sometimes in the day

Message 7 of 23 (10,849 Views)
Survivor
2816 posts

Oct 8, 2008
thoses people dont reaslly sound like freinds. Also, no. only thing you can do is sign off or go "away"
Message 8 of 23 (10,849 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7350 posts

Oct 8, 2008

blazeking2 wrote:

XBOX has an "Appear Offline" and I think sony should as well.

Sneeches Trophy Card
Message 9 of 23 (10,849 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
263 posts

Oct 8, 2008

Sneeches wrote:

blazeking2 wrote:

Sneeches wrote:

blazeking2 wrote:

Its funny because we keep copying other ideas

Message 10 of 23 (10,849 Views)
0 Likes