First Son
11 posts

Re: Hey PlayStation, how about some preemptive communication!?!

Apr 19, 2011

i haven't been able to get onto PSN for a week now. it's ticking me off cause i spend all that money *which i had to save up for for quite awhile* and can't get the service i expect.  i've been tempted to reset my ps3 to it's original settings, but not sure i should do that.  i'm no techy, far from it...so the extra help would be nice.  i know i'm not getting no answers from sony, as i see alot of you aren't either.  and no i won't go back to my xbox cause they rip ya off even more lol.  come on sony..throw me a bone!!

Message 21 of 31 (10 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Apr 19, 2011

I've been having problems signing into the PSN as well, but I've also had problems accessing us.playstation.com and blog.us.playstation.

I think it comes down to a problem with the servers that Prolexic runs. I've done some traceroutes to the various Sony servers, and the ones I have problems with go through Prolexic's servers; community.us.playstation.com works fine for me, but it doesn't go through the Prolexic servers. It's possible that those of us that are having problems accessing the sites, and PSN, have been filtered because some actitivity targeting Sony's servers have come from the same node. These are just my guesses, but I think they're probably close to the mark. This also explains why most people are fine, but for some of us it's a nightmare.

For those that don't know Prolexic, they're a security company that has been hired by Sony to combat the attacks against the PSN. I tried calling them to see if they could help, but they're a security company and are unable to speak to me about the issue (which makes sense).

I plan on emailing Sony about this ASAP, except I have to use a computer somewhere else to access their site, as I can't get there from home.

Message 22 of 31 (10 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Apr 19, 2011

calling and emailing hasn't resulted me in squat.  i'm tempted to report sony to the BBB to get some results. the one reason why i got a ps3 was for the online play. and if i can't use the online features, then what do i resort to?  just seems like a waste of money. hell, i got better customer service from logitec when i had problems with my dinky little $20 cam.  you'd think those of us that spent over $400 for a console and games would get a little more help.

Message 23 of 31 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Apr 19, 2011

TorinoEvolve wrote:

calling and emailing hasn't resulted me in squat.  i'm tempted to report sony to the BBB to get some results. the one reason why i got a ps3 was for the online play. and if i can't use the online features, then what do i resort to?  just seems like a waste of money. hell, i got better customer service from logitec when i had problems with my dinky little $20 cam.  you'd think those of us that spent over $400 for a console and games would get a little more help.

You want to report Sony to the BBB for... what? A free service that is not guaranteed?

Message 24 of 31 (10 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Apr 19, 2011

ya..point made...but just seems a rip off when ya pay so much for something, and i'm talking the console and the games, and this happens.  like i said before, i'm no techy and don't really wanna mess around with changing DNS's or IP's or stuff like that.  and it sucks when it don't even sound like it's my console or my problem.  oh well...take it as it comes and hopes for the best.

Message 25 of 31 (10 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Apr 20, 2011

Bent all out of shape here! It's my Birthday, just got the new SOCOM 4, sharp shooter gun and Move Navagation controller. $130 worth of CRAP for all intents and purposes! Except...

I'm having the same issue as many others. Cannot log into PSN on my PS3 through the master account.  But guess what? All other screen names work! Room mate is making me madder than a hornet playing Black Ops all he wants, but I can't? And it's MY friggin PS3!

I do have a secondary account with which I have no problem logging into PSN. But, I'm 7 prestige's deep in Black Ops and I don't WANT to start at Rank 1, Prestige 1 all over again! And I don't want to start playing SOCOM 4 on my secondary because of the Friend's List.

Sony has made a big deal about Trophies, PlayStation Home and a whole lot of other things, which makes having more than one account far too time consuming for someone who plays reletivitly moderately, like me. It's been 36 hours since I've been able to log onto PSN through my Master Account. Maybe been broken longer, but I am not home on the weekends and haven't tried longing in since last Thursday.

Called PS Customer Service 3 time yesterday. Did figure out it's NOT my connection and that THEY do have issues. And they actually admitted so. But it still ain't fixed and I'm tired of playing BS on my secondary account just to get my gaming fix! I would write a letter, but as one person said, complain about a free service that isn't guaranteed?

One thing is for certain, it's poor communication with customers and extended service interruptions like this that can and does KILL companies and services. It may not kill Sony, but it is totally in the realm of possibility that this could be the beginning of the end for PSN.

Message 26 of 31 (10 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1107 posts

Apr 21, 2011

With me I am having some issues with my PS3 but logging in again seems to make it work.  The big issue I am having is I can log in with PS3, but not on my PSP.

“Never be afraid to raise your voice for honesty and truth and compassion against injustice and lying and greed. If people all over the world...would do this, it would change the earth.”
― William Faulkner
Message 27 of 31 (10 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 21, 2011

Solar_Difusion wrote:

TorinoEvolve wrote:

You want to report Sony to the BBB for... what? A free service that is not guaranteed?

When you have Playstation Plus or a game that requires a monthly fee to play (such as DCUO), the service is not so free anymore...is it?  And while continuous service is not guaranteed, some semblance of service is; and no service for some of those that have been experiencing this for weeks is not anywhere near a semblance of service.

Message 28 of 31 (10 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 21, 2011

Fabcom wrote:

Thou has spoken the only truthness, wordness.

Sony customer sevice is a JOKE. Not only that the information flow seems to be lost somewhere, the question I have been asking since 2007: why can't I log into these forums using my PS3??? Isn't this also a forum for the PS3 and should therefore be able to be visited by this very console (or maybe even with my iPhone, which is not possible either)?

Questions over questions, which will probably never be answered (at least not by Sony).

I hear you there.  I think its an absolute riot that the PS3 can not reach any official Sony website.

Message 29 of 31 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Apr 21, 2011

http://kotaku.com/#!5794265/is-the-entire-playstation-network-down

Looks like it's getting some attention

TJMVoyager wrote:

And that's just it, how hard is it to let people know via the PS3 blog? They don't want media attention, that's what it is.

Message 30 of 31 (10 Views)
0 Likes