Apr 17 2011
By: RichieH2 First Son 1 posts

Hey PlayStation, how about some preemptive communication!?!

30 replies 53 views Edited Apr 17, 2011

Just wondering if it is too hard to post a msg on PSN informing your customers of the PSN issue?  Apparently, many of YOUR customers have experienced major issues trying to sign in to PSN.  I own a company with a net of probably one 100,000th of your company; I still, however, keep my customers informed of any issues where they may experience some stress.  What is happening, is that people are going through extreme measures to repair a issue which can't be repaired at the user level.

BOTTOM LINE: It doesn't take a PHD to know that communication with the consumer extends past the commercials for sales...keeping the customer is equally important.

last issue: On your support page it reads "TRY THIS   click here to find out if the PlayStation Network is currently up"

The best part about that link---It takes you to the the knowledge center!  No where on the age does it tell you the status of the PSN!  If you can't even get the link right; I'm left with little confidence you can get major issues resolved.

Message 1 of 31 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Re: Hey PlayStation, how about some preemptive communication!?!

Apr 17, 2011

Easy there anger bear...

Message 2 of 31 (53 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Apr 17, 2011

I will say that at times there was a yellow exclamation mark and red banner on that page you are referring to. However, that banner is gone every time I check and the issues clearly have not been resolved.

Message 3 of 31 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

Apr 18, 2011

I agree with you richie,its pretty lame of PS to not have better communication skills than they are showing.its like a kid who makes a mistake and then thinks if they dont admit what the problem is ,then it dont exsist. The problem is,it DOES exsist.i have read numerous posts of people saying they contacted sony,and sony claims its not anything wrong on "their end". So i guess its some kinda freakish thing that has just recently happened to so many different users all at once.eventhough all these people have been using the PSN before ,for years even,and havent changed anything on thier end either.but somehow its all thesudden their fault.and not just happening to one or two people .......NUMEROUS people are having this problem.here is the best part to me,ive been having this problem too.funny thing is sometimes if i just keep trying to log in, there have been a few times i did get logged in, but i didnt change anything in order to make it work.so if my DNS settings was wrong ,y then does it work once in a while.

The bottom line is, Sony should be ,more open and honest with their customers.there is obviously something going wrong here.and it has to do with the PSN. Sony should not be like everyone else in todays business world and Only be conserned about profits, not even worry abput the problems their customers are expeirencing with their products.sad to see they cant even get their webpage "support"to send you to the correct page about the PSN status.i went there three times yesterday just to find the same thing richie posted, no such page seems to exsist.if it does , they cant link u to it. Maybe they just dont want to,i dunno.but seriously Sony,put out a True statement telling ur customers whats up and what ur doing to fix it.stop trying to put the blame offon someone else.get u some Real IT people to come in ,search ur files,and find out what this  Anonymous hacker did to ur system.....just stop acting like, what nothings wrong here.........because thats nothing more than a load of crap.i used to think better of Sony than that....please Sony prove us wrong!dont be like the rest of todays business world....rise above it and shine.

Message 4 of 31 (53 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 18, 2011

I would appreciate any info as well since we are still unable to sign in and we are still getting error code 80710092. Maybe it's time to switch to X Box?

Message 5 of 31 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Apr 18, 2011

i am also having this same problem and want some answers. Check out my discussion/link below for more info (posted earlier).

Re: PSN/Killzone 3 network errors &

Message 6 of 31 (53 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Apr 18, 2011

I was going to send you over the link for the Error Code guide on the support page. But it looks like even that is down right now. T.T

That would have at least provided more info on the errors, but good luck finding anyone on Sony's end that can fix them for you right now.

Message 7 of 31 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
471 posts

Apr 18, 2011

Most of the time I don't agree with rants like this but I'm upset because I have two paid services I can't watch right now because you need to be signed in (Netflix & hulu plus)

Someone needs to say something about this.. It's been going on far too long...

Subaru1324 Trophy Card
Message 8 of 31 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Apr 18, 2011

whats up what state you in ??

Message 9 of 31 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Apr 19, 2011

Ya, this is an ongoing battle with Sony, 3 weeks of this makes me want to give up on Sony all together. In my eyes the hackers won this battle because Sony has no control over what is going on.

Their lack of communication is what annoys me, a simple status page via forums or ps3 is all we need.

After 3 weeks on the phone with techs, supervisors, and MODS, I am about had enough of Sony. The fight between Sony and the hackers has gone to far, and people that had nothing to do with are caught in the middle. It's not fair to us, the consumer.

The consumer spends money on their stuff to support them, we deserve better treatment then this.

To call up support, it's a living hell what you have to go through.

This should have never happened in the first place, a company like Sony not to have better security over attacks, come on? Sony is a multi billion corp, you can't tell me they can't afford it.

This should have been prevented Sony. Protect your investment? What about your loyal customers? We get the shaft? After spending our money on your product and this is what we get in return.

As far as I am concerned, the hackers got them (Sony) running around with their heads cut off trying to figure out how to fix.

Communication Sony, don't let your customer hang to dry.

Message 10 of 31 (53 Views)
0 Likes