Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 02 2012
By: AKA_Neku First Son 12 posts

Here we go... PSN not adding funds via PSN cards

3 replies 690 views Edited Oct 2, 2012

Tried to redeem PSN card myself via PS3, error - timed out.

Tried to redeem PSN card via Vita - error, network connection failure - blah blah. NP-2244-2.

Tried to redeem PSN card via Sony Network website - same issue - lag when clicking add funds. Then nothing happens, and you get a notification at the top of the page - "An internal error has occured."

Online chat personnel via Sony Support stated that they're aware of the issue, and that I'm "should" wait a day or two before attempting to redeem my PSN cards.

Just letting you guys know. In California. Not sure if that matters or anything when dealing with servers.

Message 1 of 4 (690 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Re: Here we go... PSN not adding funds via PSN cards

Oct 2, 2012

Yeah, same issue here. I am hoping I can redeem it later as I got the card with gift money. If I can't redeem it later I'll be ticked off.

Message 2 of 4 (687 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Oct 2, 2012

Eh... I'll try when the store updates. It's just gonna bug me because it's gonna be all slow due to everyone else in the world jumping on at the same time.

Message 3 of 4 (682 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Oct 2, 2012

Welcome to the Forum

Have you called 1-800-345-SONY yet?

They can tell you if the card has been used already.  That is what happened to me.  They will not do anything about it though.  You will have to go back to the store and fight with them, or so Sony will tell you.

Regardless, judging by recent posts, that may not even be the issue.  It is worth checking though.  

Despite Sony's denial of their existence, there are programs out there that can steal card numbers.  Sony claims codes cannot be used until activated at the store, but what they fail to realize or listen to me about, is the same program that generates the code, activates it too.

Cheating and stealing is behavior of scum.  If you find any of these programs, I suggest you report them.  Not that Sony will listen anyway, but lets at least keep things honest.

As I said, this may or may not be the root of the issues you are having, but before you spend too much time trying to figure out what is wrong with the system, check the card validity.  Good Luck

Moble

Message 4 of 4 (658 Views)