Apr 24 2014
By: Proyecto_Tejon Hekseville Citizen 253 posts

Here's an idea: Sony giving rewards for leveling up your account

[ Edited ]
17 replies 313 views Edited Apr 24, 2014

I was just wondering why doesn't sony give little rewards every time you level up your ID...

I think that would make a lot of player search for all the trophies they can, and increase the re-playability of a lot of games..

Not big rewards, but maybe you could unlock avatars every level, or themes for the ps3.. or something little like that.. but big enough to motivate players to search as much trophies as they can..

I think it could be interesting because it could create competitive between players and would give players some bragging rights... 

I am sure not all players would care and a lot of them would find this just boring .. but i bet a lot of them would love it...

I dont think i would be so hardcore into this.. but i would be motivated to get new avatars or whathever the reward is

Updated title for clarity -FluffyKitty_0256

Message 1 of 18 (313 Views)
MVP Support
5643 posts

Re: Sony giving rewards for leveling up your account (ID)

Apr 24, 2014

Trophies are rewards.

Sony had a rewards beta a few years ago, but we ended up getting PS Plus instead. A better deal in my opinion.

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 2 of 18 (303 Views)
VP of Gaming
29411 posts

Apr 24, 2014

Proyecto_Tejon wrote:

I was just wondering why doesn't sony give little rewards every time you level up your ID...

I think that would make a lot of player search for all the trophies they can, and increase the re-playability of a lot of games..

Not big rewards, but maybe you could unlock avatars every level, or themes for the ps3.. or something little like that.. but big enough to motivate players to search as much trophies as they can..

I think it could be interesting because it could create competitive between players and would give players some bragging rights... 

I am sure not all players would care and a lot of them would find this just boring .. but i bet a lot of them would love it...

I dont think i would be so hardcore into this.. but i would be motivated to get new avatars or whathever the reward is

I would hate to think of the level of cheating that would ensue. 

Message 3 of 18 (254 Views)
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Apr 24, 2014
People already exploit the system for "prestige" so...like CaptainA said... if that resulted in them giving stuff away, it would probably double.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 4 of 18 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3419 posts

Apr 24, 2014
They should should copy Microsoft's system (even though the rewards suck) but it still rewards the player.
Message 5 of 18 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1396 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 24, 2014

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Proyecto_Tejon wrote:

I would hate to think of the level of cheating that would ensue. 

Cheating happens right now lol.

Message 6 of 18 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1655 posts

Apr 24, 2014

You think we have trolls now? Man, the level of trolling and making multiple posts would skyrocket with this system...

Message 7 of 18 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3419 posts

Apr 24, 2014
That's why we have mods. This community is too timid too concerned about the minority & keep ignoring the fact most gamers are honest people who don't abuse the system.
Message 8 of 18 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Apr 24, 2014

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

You think we have trolls now? Man, the level of trolling and making multiple posts would skyrocket with this system...

I think he means the trophy level

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 9 of 18 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

Apr 24, 2014

Sony has a Rewards program. If you link your PSN to your Rewards profile, you can earn 1 point for each dollar spend on the PS Store.

You can also earn points by buying other Sony products and registering them, taking survey's, seeing certain Sony Pictures, etc. http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/home/welcome

I know it's not what you want, but it's still something.

Use the forst 1000 points you earn to buy a $10 PSN gift card, then you can go buy all the avatars it'll get you. Smiley Wink

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 10 of 18 (189 Views)