I Only Post Everything
906 posts

Re: Sony giving rewards for leveling up your account (ID)

Apr 24, 2014

if trophies were competitive the gamers with the bigger wallets would win everytime.

Message 11 of 18 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1651 posts

Apr 24, 2014

Setzaroth wrote:

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

You think we have trolls now? Man, the level of trolling and making multiple posts would skyrocket with this system...

I think he means the trophy level

Ah, nvm then...

Message 12 of 18 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
248 posts

Apr 24, 2014

Sorry if i didnt explain myself well... yeah.. i meant trophy level..  getting an avatar picture unlocked when reaching a new level... 

well i was not aware that you could exploit that.. just sounded cool in my head to  engange more gamers..  im not refering to get discunts or anyhting like that.. just simple things.. like avatar pictures...

Message 13 of 18 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Apr 24, 2014
I agree, I've always wanted there to be certain things like themes or avatars unlocked with certain platinums...but it has never happened.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 14 of 18 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
181 posts

Apr 24, 2014

ExMimic wrote:

Trophies are rewards.

Sony had a rewards beta a few years ago, but we ended up getting PS Plus instead. A better deal in my opinion.

My current avitar is from that beta (matches my forum rank) I agree PS+ is a way better deal. 

If they implemented something like this people would end up complaining that the rewards were not cool enough. Kind of how people complain about what free PS+ games they get each month. 

I remember the good old days when we all just played what we liked because we enjoyed it. 

Message 15 of 18 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Apr 25, 2014

BortLicensePlate wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Proyecto_Tejon wrote:

I was just wondering why doesn't sony give little rewards every time you level up your ID...

I think that would make a lot of player search for all the trophies they can, and increase the re-playability of a lot of games..

Not big rewards, but maybe you could unlock avatars every level, or themes for the ps3.. or something little like that.. but big enough to motivate players to search as much trophies as they can..

I think it could be interesting because it could create competitive between players and would give players some bragging rights... 

I am sure not all players would care and a lot of them would find this just boring .. but i bet a lot of them would love it...

I dont think i would be so hardcore into this.. but i would be motivated to get new avatars or whathever the reward is

I would hate to think of the level of cheating that would ensue. 

Cheating happens right now lol.

I think thats what he meant.... Only now it'd be even worse.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 16 of 18 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Re: Here's an idea: Sony giving rewards for leveling up your account

Apr 25, 2014

I think thats a great ideal! I signed up for Sony Rewards and a week later they had a 300pt. bouns sign up, which I missed. Then I started buying my games online instead of in-store, buying all kinds of DLC, only to find out I have a little over 350 points. So I then check out what kind of rewards I can get, maybe a game? Nope. Not a game. The games are 4,000-6,000 points. Thats a hella lot of shopping! I wish they would have started the reward program back when I made my account in 2008  then maybe I would have enough points now to get a game. A game that is not a freebie on PS plus. But yes you have a great ideal on you hands. I hope Sony thinks about it.

Message 17 of 18 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3450 posts

Apr 25, 2014

wycliff_12 wrote:
They should should copy Microsoft's system (even though the rewards suck) but it still rewards the player.

It doesn't reward the player, it rewards the buyer.  Their "reward" is just a slight rebate on purchases.  It sucks.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Message 18 of 18 (61 Views)
0 Likes