Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
24 posts

Re: Here's a thought about the PS4...and it will save you money!

Feb 21, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

B-J-Madrox wrote:

It is a different situation, however. The iphone 3gs can run anything on the store, both new and old. The Ps3 cannot play Ps4 games and the Ps3 will be a discontinued platform for the most part. My 4S can do almost everything the 5 can. I can Facetime people with a 5, I can play with them, and I can do just about everything else minus a bit of speed and a bigger screen.

The same reasoning can be made with the NES. "You do not need a Ps4 when the NES has so many games you have not played." I understand your good intention by trying to get people not to go into debt, but the situations are very different.

I think it's safe to say you just aren't getting it. Hahaha. 

I understand completely that his point is that the Ps3 is good enough for a couple years. I agree on this partially, but I think an upgrade every 6 years is not one to be discouraged. Do not take this the wrong way! If you cannot afford a new console, DO NOT BUY IT. No point in going into debt if you have games to play on the Ps3. I am simply saying that this is not an iphone 4-->4S-->5 comparison simply because the differences are too great between these two consoles. 

Ah. Well then... My rebutle is, He is not faithful or just. E.G. Proverbs 13:24, 20:30, 23:13-14, Leviticus 20:9, Mark 7:9-13, Matthew 15:4-7, 5:18-20, Deuteronomy 13:6, 8-15, 21:18-21,  John 15:6, and 2 Thessalonians 1:6-9.

-Before your visions of grandeur go to swell those sails remember, dead men tell no tales.

-"We won't lose. We've got more men, more money and more material. There are ten million men in uniform who could replace me. Some people are getting killed and a lot more are making money and having fun. Let somebody else get killed."
"But suppose everybody on our side felt that way."
"Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way. Wouldn't I?"
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 29 (67 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
12577 posts

Feb 21, 2013

B-J-Madrox wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

B-J-Madrox wrote:

It is a different situation, however. The iphone 3gs can run anything on the store, both new and old. The Ps3 cannot play Ps4 games and the Ps3 will be a discontinued platform for the most part. My 4S can do almost everything the 5 can. I can Facetime people with a 5, I can play with them, and I can do just about everything else minus a bit of speed and a bigger screen.

The same reasoning can be made with the NES. "You do not need a Ps4 when the NES has so many games you have not played." I understand your good intention by trying to get people not to go into debt, but the situations are very different.

I understand completely that his point is that the Ps3 is good enough for a couple years. I agree on this partially, but I think an upgrade every 6 years is not one to be discouraged. Do not take this the wrong way! If you cannot afford a new console, DO NOT BUY IT. No point in going into debt if you have games to play on the Ps3. I am simply saying that this is not an iphone 4-->4S-->5 comparison simply because the differences are too great between these two consoles. 

Ah. Well then... My rebutle is, He is not faithful or just. E.G. Proverbs 13:24, 20:30, 23:13-14, Leviticus 20:9, Mark 7:9-13, Matthew 15:4-7, 5:18-20, Deuteronomy 13:6, 8-15, 21:18-21,  John 15:6, and 2 Thessalonians 1:6-9.

A theological debate is not necessary in this post, but I would surely debate it with you over psn or on here over PMs :smileytongue:

Welcoming Committee Twitter
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 29 (64 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Feb 21, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

B-J-Madrox wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

B-J-Madrox wrote:

A theological debate is not necessary in this post, but I would surely debate it with you over psn or on here over PMs :smileytongue:

A theological debate is never necessary, and never fruitful. They often spiral into areas so far from where the initial comments are made. Like just now. You have a big flashy sign that quotes something suggesting there is something similar to justice in a book. I offer evidence to the contrary. That is as far as it should go. Allowed to continue it would branch into linguistics, interpretations, morals, etc. So, no. Point, counter-point. I think you lost this one. And I'm sure you think you won with your small helping of comforting verse. 

-Before your visions of grandeur go to swell those sails remember, dead men tell no tales.

-"We won't lose. We've got more men, more money and more material. There are ten million men in uniform who could replace me. Some people are getting killed and a lot more are making money and having fun. Let somebody else get killed."
"But suppose everybody on our side felt that way."
"Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way. Wouldn't I?"
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 29 (59 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Feb 21, 2013

All in All the PS4 will be an awesome system.  Just enjoy what you have now before you jump into something new and regret what you never played.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 29 (41 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Feb 21, 2013

NOBLExROGUE wrote:

So the PS4 looks cool and all but hear me out.  The PS4 games shown were basically sequels and there were a couple of new IPs but none that made me go, "I need to go get a PS4 day one!"  So it got me thinking.  

I wish I wouldn't have bought a PS3 when it first came out and I wish I wouldn't have bought a Vita when it first came out.  I played more PS2 games on PS3 when I first got it and selling my PS2 with all my games was a very regretful decision.  Did it make me want to go buy back a PS2?  No, but I still wish I would have played some PS2 games that I never got to play such as Rogue Galaxy.  Don't get me started on the Vita.  That thing was released way too early.  Sony knows it and the lack of games proves it.  Sure we will be able to play "some" PS4 games on it, but I am pretty sure we were told that about the Vita and the PS3 and that was the whole reason I bought one.  Anyways that never happened and I am just sour about it.  SO what am I getting at? Here is what I believe to be a good idea.

Wait a full year to but the PS4, and enjoy the PS3.  It is one of the greatest consoles I have ever had.  Some people may say, "I have had it for too long anyway.  This console life cycle is too long!"  I say that is a plus for us!  Besides the fact that we can pick up Watch Dogs and Destiny on the PS3, we also have The Last of Us and other great titles coming up.  You may say, "Yeah but The Last of Us is in June and I will be ready for the PS4 by Christmas."  Think about this.  When the PS4 comes out, Sony will still "support" the PS3 for sometime but we all know it won't be long.  Take advantage of that.  All PS3 games will go on the cheap and because this console generation lasted so long it will be glorious.  Think of all those games that you never got to play because maybe there were 2 other games coming out at the same time or you never got to play a certain RPG because you didn't have time for it or you played a shooter too much online making you miss out on some great single player experiences.  Well now you will have plenty of time to play everything.  Spend that first 6 months to a year of the PS4 life going out and buying used PS3 games that you never got to play.  It will be cheaper and easier than streaming them from your PS4 also, if that is going to be a possibility.  Sure you won't have the latest and greatest thing right away, but you for sure won't be missing out on great gaming experiences.

I totally agree.  After waiting in line over night to buy the PS2 on launch day, I was greatly disappointed with the selection of titles to start with.  I also played more PS1 games on the PS2 within the first year of release, because of this.

As a result, I played the crap out of my PS2 until November of 2011.  I did not see the point of dropping $300+ on a system that had not yet matured.

I think waiting one to two years after launch is a great strategy.  In that time, I am sure the PS3 will still be well supported with titles.  Buying a system in its infancy will always leave the buyer with some remorse, that is not felt by those willing to wait it out a year or two.

I will be waiting at least that year, if not the two.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 29 (39 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Feb 21, 2013

I would like to add to my comment on this.

I am quite sure the sales of the PS4 will not be dented by the seemingly few of us who will not run out to get one.  Simple economics and availability of free time is what would drive by decision on when to buy.

I am sure the PS4 will have astounding success in sales and capabilities, without my $500-$600 in the first year or two into release.

Honestly, I am jealous of those who have the time and money to go out and get this puppy when it first comes out.  I will be watching begrudgingly as those who get one come on here and talk at length about their fantastic experiences on the new system.:smileysad:

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 29 (37 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Feb 21, 2013

I am glad you see what my overall message was with this mobilesuit75.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 29 (36 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Feb 21, 2013

NOBLExROGUE wrote:

I am glad you see what my overall message was with this mobilesuit75.

I am glad to see I am not alone as well.

Welcome to the PlayStation Community NOBLE!:smileyhappy:

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 29 (34 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15440 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Save money?

I'll be making money off the PS4.... I've got plenty of cash saved up where I'll be buying SEVERAL if not quite a few over the next few months and sell all of them on ebay, except for one or two for myself.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 29 (26 Views)
0 Likes