Splicer
60 posts

Re: Here's a Video of the Problem I'm Having With PS3 YouTube App Not Loading Long Videos

Nov 22, 2012

Here's a link to the video I can't load...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-TZjLIWm0I

Side note:  How do you receive emails when somebody responds to a thread?  I have my account already set to automatically subscibed to threads but I didn't get an email for your last response.

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned."

-Eddie Felson

"The Color of Money" 1986
Message 11 of 21 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Re: Here's a Video of the Problem I'm Having With PS3 YouTube App Not Loading Long Videos

Nov 22, 2012

Triton1980 wrote:

Here's a link to the video I can't load...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-TZjLIWm0I

Side note:  How do you receive emails when somebody responds to a thread?  I have my account already set to automatically subscibed to threads but I didn't get an email for your last response.

No too sure..... you might need to specify how often. Theres weekly, daily, and instantly

I'll get the video started on in a few and get back to you

Furiously Chaosing
Message 12 of 21 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Nov 22, 2012

I let it sit for like 10 minutes and got nothing

Furiously Chaosing
Message 13 of 21 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Nov 22, 2012

When you say "you let it sit" for 10 minutes do you mean you let the video try to load (i.e. the cicle icon going around) and it did nothing?

-Eddie Felson

Message 14 of 21 (70 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Nov 22, 2012

What about you hard drive? How much free space do you have left?

Message 15 of 21 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Nov 22, 2012

I have very little space left on my PS3 hard drive, but what should that matter since YouTube videos are streaming and not being uploaded?

-Eddie Felson

Message 16 of 21 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2257 posts

Nov 23, 2012

iPads, have very little ram.  They play YouTube fine.

If anyone needs help, with something they are going thru? Im here to talk, I suffered severe SAD, severe Anxiety and severe Depression, luekemia, blood clots, foot ulcers from bad circulation, insomnia, amongst alot of other things. I thought I was gay, murderer, childmolester, transgender even thought I was the bad guy himself. Not judging any but knew I wasnt any them before and dont want to be. Just let me know, some i believe are severly wrong and will get you threw in jail as should, if you act on them. Im getting better. This wasnt sweet lies, like hey that hot woman likes you. Like they used to be. These was bad lies considering I wasnt none them before and dont want to be.
Message 17 of 21 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Nov 23, 2012

Triton1980 wrote:

I have very little space left on my PS3 hard drive, but what should that matter since YouTube videos are streaming and not being uploaded?

You must have missed my reply in your other thread (hard disk space / memory is not the issue, it's just a bug).

Using PS3 Bookmarklet you could likely watch video in browser in 480p (I wouldn't try 720p for long videos like this as browser will likely run out of memory). If you get YouTube page indicating you should use app, use bookmarklet on page and it will setup required re-direct (then use browser's handy History feature to return to video page etc). 

Message 18 of 21 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Nov 23, 2012

So, long story short, a PS3 doesn't have enough RAM to play long videos through the YouTube App, right?  And there's nothing you can do about it, right?

-Eddie Felson

Message 19 of 21 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Nov 24, 2012

Well, after playing multiple video lenghts through the PS3 YouTube App, the best I can see is that the longest video you can watch through it before it crashes and goes back to the PS3 desktop is around 2.5 hours in HD.  

I hope this is an issue with the app itself and not the actual PS3 and it can be improved.

-Eddie Felson

Message 20 of 21 (32 Views)
0 Likes