Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 03 2013
By: Varakharne Wastelander 747 posts

Help with a Skyrim issue.

6 replies 126 views Edited Jan 3, 2013

Hello, I will keep this brief. I am playing Skyrim again after a few months of waiting for patches to fix several things. However now I noticed that almost always when I try to open up a menu VIA " o " or the fav menu my controller seems very unresponsive and I almost have to spasticall wiggle every button to get it to work again.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix ?

Blackspeak12.jpg

Bil-At Kir-Zal Za-A-Kam Ki-Aga-Du

Message 1 of 7 (126 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15581 posts

Re: Help with a Skyrim issue.

Jan 3, 2013

If you have another controller have you tried using it and see if its not controller specific?

I always say to everyone, if they want to play skyrim, to play it on PC..... my 5 year old laptop runs Skyrim on Max settings, with some graphical mods as well and runs flawlessly. (around 40-60fps) consistently.

being able to play the DLC is also nice

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 2 of 7 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
747 posts

Jan 3, 2013

If I had the means , I would play on the PC but I dont atm. Seems like the PS3 version of this game has gotten the worse of it. Oh well I will have to deal with it I guess. Any other ideas would be welcomed :smileyhappy:

Blackspeak12.jpg

Bil-At Kir-Zal Za-A-Kam Ki-Aga-Du

Message 3 of 7 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7595 posts

Jan 3, 2013
A data reinstall fixes most Skyrim issues for me.

You go to the Game Data section (not Save Data) and delete the Skyrim install and patch files, then reinstall it from disc and redownload the patches.

Also, don't hoard! Sell all the stuff you loot except for the ones you want to keep. Hoarding stuff in your house causes the savedata to grow bigger and bigger, causing issues.
FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Message 4 of 7 (111 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17362 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 3, 2013

I've only recently started playing and noticed thistoo. I don't spastically wiggle the stick to get it to respond. It seems like you must wait about 3 seconds after hitting o to select your option. This seems like a long time in the heat of battle but you can't get hurt while the menu is open. Good input about the hoarding though. I had no idea.

Message 5 of 7 (108 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4569 posts

Jan 4, 2013

I'm guessing it's autosaving?  If not, I have no idea.  When it saves it pauses until it's done, but otherwise I haven't really had lag with the menu.

Message 6 of 7 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
896 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Yup, as I recall from when the game came out, I noticed this too and it goes back right to launch. A few seconds of lag bringing up any menu. It's not a glitch or lag, it's stupid programming telling the game to auto-save at a completely rediculous time.....opening a menu?....... So yeah, unless this is a different thing, disabling auto-save cures the "menu lag".

PSN ID: Darth-Krayt

Eye of Judgment, Monster Hunter, Killzone 2, Sared 2 Fallen Angel, WipOut HD Fury, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Super Street Fighter 4, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Mortal Kombat, Unreal Tounament 3, MGS4, Oblivion, Ghostbusters, Dragon Age Origins, MAG, Heavy Rain, GoW3, Dragon Age 2, Rage, Skyrim, DOOM3:BFG, Gran Turismo 5
Message 7 of 7 (56 Views)
0 Likes