Jun 08 2012
By: Pudgies_Sarah Splicer 68 posts

Help using data transfer utility

5 replies 11 views Edited Jun 8, 2012

Hi,

Im going to do a transfer from 80 newer model to a  60 older model (for backwards compatibilty purposes) and I need to know if the data transfer will keep all settings as well.

Such as the following:  (is most important)

- Internet settings with static ip configured

- media sever settings for streaming from PC - that was set up going to a portable hd.

(the removable HD that was connected to the pc is not with me but will be plugged back in later when my friend had finished using the videos on it)

So bascially I want to know if ALL THE SETTINGS would be transfered and not just the data, saves etc.

I have open a new discussion on this becuase I may have put my reply on the wrong discussion before as I have not used it yet (so I cant claim it not working).

Message 1 of 6 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Re: Help using data transfer utility

Jun 8, 2012

I really hope somone can answer this, as it was ,mission to set up media server etc on the 80gb.

Message 2 of 6 (11 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24785 posts

Jun 8, 2012

My understanding of the transfer utility is that it makes an exact copy of the original system. I would say this means settings are saved but I haven't used it myself to confirm. A complete description should be in your owners manual or by searching for the correct "Product Manual" using the Knowledge Center/Support link below.

Message 3 of 6 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Jun 8, 2012

Thank for that, I checked the online intructions about it, it doesnt mention anything in particular.

But it does say it cant transfer the following:

The following PlayStation®2 format software titles, if they are installed on the PS3™ system's hard disk:

• - and
  • - and
  • - and
  • - SOCOM 3: U.S. NAVY SEALs
  • - SOCOM: U.S. NAVY SEALs Combined Assault

- Which is not applicable to me as I have never owned these above or been able to play PS2 games on the current system.

You have given me more confidence, I will pick the system up on Monday (today in NZ is Sat).

I just need to delete some videos etc to make sure there is space, as I know that the system firmware will take up some space out of the 60 as the current system it shows it is 53 / 74 ( meaning 6 of it was comsumed by firmware alone).

Message 4 of 6 (11 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 9, 2012

acredito que sim . manda ver ai!!

Message 5 of 6 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Jun 9, 2012

You will need to speak english if you need any help or want me to reply.

samu_jau wrote:

acredito que sim . manda ver ai!!

Message 6 of 6 (11 Views)
0 Likes