Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 28 2013
By: BpageFoOtBaLl_93 First Son 2 posts

Help please

10 replies 67 views Edited Jan 28, 2013

Hey! i was wondering if you were to put a credit card on an account would it get charged random stuff without your consent? One of my friends said he was automatically subscribed to Playstation plus without even buying nor subscribing to it. So ya im confused on what to do please help thank you! 

Message 1 of 11 (67 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17766 posts

Re: Help please

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2013

No you won't randomly get charged. Your friend took advantage of a free 30 PS Plus trial and didn't cancel the auto renew. That was their negligence not a random charge.

Message 2 of 11 (63 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 29, 2013

THANK U :smileyvery-happy: 

Message 3 of 11 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
409 posts

Jan 29, 2013

No this shouldn't happen, and if you want, you can set a password to in account managment to where it won't authorize a transaction w/out you putting it in.

/)/)
(-,-)
*(")(")
Message 4 of 11 (50 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30411 posts

Jan 29, 2013

JFK_Fan wrote:

No this shouldn't happen, and if you want, you can set a password to in account managment to where it won't authorize a transaction w/out you putting it in.

I'm not saying your wrong JFK, but does that work for auto-renewals too?

Message 5 of 11 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
409 posts

Jan 29, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

JFK_Fan wrote:

I belive it does ask you for a password before auto renawel... but it will prompt you to renew as soon as you log into the network. Ive only auto renewed one or two times befor letting my + just elapse. I didn't use it alot, and i mainly only had free games i can no longer access.

/)/)
(-,-)
*(")(")
Message 6 of 11 (45 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30411 posts

Jan 29, 2013

JFK_Fan wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

JFK_Fan wrote:

I belive it does ask you for a password before auto renawel... but it will prompt you to renew as soon as you log into the network. Ive only auto renewed one or two times befor letting my + just elapse. I didn't use it alot, and i mainly only had free games i can no longer access.

Ok thanks for responding, so quickly too lol.

I just wasn't sure if it would take the money & renew it if the funds were there anway that was all.

Message 7 of 11 (43 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7174 posts

Jan 29, 2013
You can also delete your billing information aswell

HEARTFIVEFOURTEEN.png

_____________________ - = Share the Greatness with PlayStation= - ______________________

Message 8 of 11 (36 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8529 posts

Jan 29, 2013

Auto-renewal does NOT require you to log in to enter your password before the renewal is processed.  My PS+ auto-renewed on December 9 without me even logging in that day.  Not that it is an issue in my case, since I intended to renew, but as an FYI.

If you do not want your subscriptions (PS+, Music/Movies Unlimited, etc) you MUST disable the auto-renew option in account management.

Message 9 of 11 (31 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30411 posts

Jan 29, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

Auto-renewal does NOT require you to log in to enter your password before the renewal is processed.  My PS+ auto-renewed on December 9 without me even logging in that day.  Not that it is an issue in my case, since I intended to renew, but as an FYI.

If you do not want your subscriptions (PS+, Music/Movies Unlimited, etc) you MUST disable the auto-renew option in account management.

I thought that to be the case Bburg!

Message 10 of 11 (25 Views)
0 Likes