Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 30 2010
By: AzraelDentara First Son 3 posts

Help please - Cannot Read Disc

4 replies 16 views Edited May 30, 2010

Hello, for a little while now without my knowledge my little brothers PSP has been unable to read discs, I've done darn near everything I can think of blowing the dust out of both the PSP and UMD. I have tried SEVERAL and almost all of the family's UMD's but only once have I been able to get a game to load and that was out of pure luck, and have been unable to replicate this result. Is there any way to fix this without sending it in to Sony or having to pay boatloads of cash to get it fixed?

Message 1 of 5 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
719 posts

Re: Help please - Cannot Read Disc

May 30, 2010

The only way to fix the drive is to send it in to get fixed unfortunately.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vita games: 35
Message 2 of 5 (16 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 30, 2010

I see, Thank you.

Message 3 of 5 (16 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 31, 2011

my psp 1000 just recently started gave me "can not read disc" after the last update..not sure...either...usually let the battery empty...leave psp on and restart has fixed quirks after a update..before...but not this time...

Message 4 of 5 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Apr 4, 2011

Good questions. what firmware is on the PSP and was it recently updated?  I have the same problem which happened immediately after the last update.

Message 5 of 5 (16 Views)
0 Likes