Nov 19 2012
By: BossFan First Son 7 posts

Help- multiple game saves on one card?

11 replies 147 views Edited Nov 19, 2012

I've tried to do a search and can't find a straight answer anywhere to this question so I'm sorry if it's been asked and answered previously.  I am considering buying a Vita to share with my son.  Both of us have PSN accounts and I understand that I will not be able to use both accounts on the Vita (I think this sucks, but I can live with it).  However, I'm trying to figure out if both my son and I play Vita games under my account, can we have multiple game saves (on the same memory card) just like on the PS3 so that each of us can play the games individually?  For example, can we both have games of Uncharted or Assassin's Creed or seasons of Madden going on at the same time?  If not, this is probably a dealbreaker and I don't understand why Sony wouldn't have this.  Thanks for any clarification.

Message 1 of 12 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Re: Help- multiple game saves on one card?

Nov 19, 2012

Yes you can, when you start a new game you select In which slot you want to have the save file for that game. Then you can start the game again and select a different slot to keep different saves. You just have to be careful not to save the games over the incorrect slot by mistake.

Message 2 of 12 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Nov 19, 2012
What Angel_mass said is correct...mostly. The game needs to have the ability to create multiple saves, just like modern console games. If it can't, then you can't.
Message 3 of 12 (128 Views)
MVP Support
13655 posts

Nov 19, 2012
That's dependant on the game, not the Vita itself.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 12 (118 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Nov 19, 2012
Thanks for the information all- that of course begs the question of what games do (or specifically don't) support multiple saves? Is there a list anywhere?
Message 5 of 12 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Nov 19, 2012
This is just a handful off the top of my head:

Does support:
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
FIFA Soccer (not 100% sure)

Doesn't support:
Black Ops Declassified
Resistance: Burning Skies
Wipeout 2048
LittleBigPlanet Vita
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Message 6 of 12 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

Nov 19, 2012
AC3:L can only have one save
Message 7 of 12 (88 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Nov 19, 2012
Uggghhh! I was planning on getting the AC3 bundle as well as LBP. This may be a dealbreaker for me and I am pretty disappointed. I don't really want to have to buy a separate Vita for my 10 year old! It was bad enough that he would need to play on my account, but now we can't even have separate file saves? Again, uggghhh! But thank you all for the info.
Message 8 of 12 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Why don't you just buy a seperate 4gb memory card for you son. It is only 20 dollars and you won't have to worry about having different save datas on one card. Man Happy

Message 9 of 12 (66 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Dragon- that's easy enough to do if it works- will it?  Can I have multiple game saves on different memory cards?  It feels like with all of the limitations that the Vita would tell me I have the wrong memory card in!  Also, would this work with a downloaded game? (I'm specifically thinking Uncharted here- as a PS Plus member I expect to use a lot of the downloaded games- but what about another downloaded game?)  Would I need to download the downloaded game onto both memory cards?  I am sorry for so many questions but I really want to get one but just want to make sure that it won't be more frustrating than enjoyable!

Message 10 of 12 (59 Views)
0 Likes