Jan 11 2011
By: Spiderboy646 Hekseville Citizen 406 posts

Help- is this a chian message

22 replies 2989 views Edited Jan 11, 2011

Hello, This is Jeff Couzan from Sony Entertainment Company, I'm sending this message out to all the Playstation Network Users. Hello, This is Jeff Couzan from Sony Entertainment Company, I'm sending this message out to all the Playstation Network Users. If you send this message to 25 people, you will be granted 50 dollars in the Playstation Store. If you send this message to 25 people, you Will Be Granted $ 50 in the Playstation Store. Check your wallet after you send this to 25 people, and your money will be there. Check your wallet after you send this to 25 people, and compromise our money be there. And so that you know, this is not another one of those Spams. That and so you know, this is not another one of Those Spam. This is tracked by Sony Entertainment Company. This is tracked by Sony Entertainment Company.

is it a scam or is it real before i send it out?

Message 1 of 23 (2,989 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4548 posts

Re: Help- is this a chian message

Jan 11, 2011

Really? you have to ask?........

P.S. YES it is chainmail.....

primalcarnage Trophy Cardhref="http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/SignUp">Get your Portable ID!
Message 2 of 23 (2,989 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5017 posts

Jan 11, 2011

Looks like it. Smells like it. Feels like it.

Must be.

Message 3 of 23 (2,989 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1847 posts

Jan 11, 2011

how would one go about submiting a change for the definition of a word in the dictionary, cause im thnking about sending one in for the phrase "common sense"

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars
Message 4 of 23 (2,989 Views)
Lombax Warrior
159 posts

Jan 11, 2011

Spam. Delete and block the idiot who sent it to you.

| PSN ID: s1l3nt_1nc | | 80gb PS3(2nd Gen) | | Gamer since 1996 (Nintendo 64) |

Message 5 of 23 (2,989 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 8, 2011

i got the messages.. do no trust!!!.. i repeat.. dont trust... my friend send more then 25.. in the end nothing

Message 6 of 23 (2,989 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1344 posts

Mar 8, 2011

Hello, This is Jeff Couzan from Sony Entertainment Company, I'm sending this message out to all the Playstation Network Users. Hello, This is Jeff Couzan from Sony Entertainment Company, I'm sending this message out to all the Playstation Network Users. If you send this message to 25 people, you will be granted 50 dollars in the Playstation Store. If you send this message to 25 people, you Will Be Granted $ 50 in the Playstation Store. Check your wallet after you send this to 25 people, and your money will be there. Check your wallet after you send this to 25 people, and compromise our money be there. And so that you know, this is not another one of those Spams. That and so you know, this is not another one of Those Spam. This is tracked by Sony Entertainment Company. This is tracked by Sony Entertainment Company.

1. If that "USER" is from Sony themselves, why would they repeat the sentence "Hello, This is Jeff Couzan from Sony Entertainment Company, I'm sending this message out to all the Playstation Network Users."

- There is a reason why you preview a mail before sending out to users.

2. Quote and quote "If you send this message to 25 people, you will be granted 50 dollars in the Playstation Store."

- First of all, sending messages just basically sends that same message to every user. And money can't be added through messages. You need a Credit Card or PSN Redeem card.

3. "And so that you know, this is not another one of those Spams."

- Haha, nice way to giveaway the word "SPAM" its so obvious that its spam. Like anyone would fall for that. Never put this in a message when tricking someone. FAIL.

4. "This is tracked by Sony Entertainment Company."

- Like how? Sony can't track down all Millions of users Worldwide. The only thing that they track are IP address and Mac addresses. Other than that, they can't track down user messages and its kept to be private.

5. The most epic fail in this message is repeated messages. Honestly, doesn't everyone know how to write an email?

Message 7 of 23 (2,989 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Mar 8, 2011

Yeah, this message seems to be going around. I got it and my first thought was that somebody left the room with their PS3 on and one of their friends decided to have a little fun with their account.

Message 8 of 23 (2,989 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 16, 2011

i just received the message too, but he gave me a code to go with it. i put in the code but didn't redeem it, it says it's worth $50 of psn points. not sure if i should redeem it.

Message 9 of 23 (2,989 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
406 posts

Mar 16, 2011

I got that message too. if u try to add the $50 it will say funds could not be added to ur walet.

Message 10 of 23 (2,989 Views)
0 Likes