Aug 18 2014
By: dusse123 First Son 2 posts

Help choosing a setup for my new PS4

6 replies 176 views Edited Aug 18, 2014

Alright guys, was just looking for a hand choosing the setup to go along with my new PS4 that Ive finaly got around to getting, mainly the TV, Im looking for the best bang for the buck at less than about £500 and the lower than that I can get the better.  Ive looked at a bunch of reviews and stuff already but there just way too many damned TV's to choose from so I was hoping some of you guys had some suggestions that had a nice fast response time (old tv was slow as sh*t and often made a noticable difference on online shooters)

Thanks gaming bros 

Message 1 of 7 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
281 posts

Re: Help choosing a setup for my new PS4

Aug 19, 2014

I never had any problems with delays in TVs that is noticeable.  I have 3 samsung TVs 60, 47, 43 inch.  So maybe go with samsung for bang for the bucks.

from Houston, the city people report to when they have a problem.
Message 2 of 7 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Aug 19, 2014

Bang for buck is going to be samsung. I go around making sure i always get the best bang for my buck. Hint why i have every ps system to ensure my PS+ get sbest bang for buck. Samsung TVS are by the finest TV's, IMO. 

Vizio is a great brand for being cheap. However i always find Samsungs to have more hdmi slots usb slots etc etc. Im a nerd, a streamer, and i must have many many systems hooked up at once. 

Message 3 of 7 (131 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Aug 19, 2014

For gaming, I'd say input lag is really the most important thing to consider. But... You'll likely want to use it as a TV, too. haha, as brands, I'd say Samsung will probably give you the biggest bang for your buck, but they tend to have horrible input lags. Sony's are often the best in that respect, but are a bit more pricey. I splurged on a Sony and never regretted it, although I do miss my Sammy plasma.

Once you've found a few that interest you, look them up here for their input lag. I found it to be a pretty awesome resource.

http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/

Message 4 of 7 (119 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Aug 19, 2014

I have a 32 inch sony flat screen television since 2007!  I had no problems with the flat screen.  Make sure u get the highest  HZ on the television because so the images on the movies look smooth and game.  Make sure you get 1080 p which is cheaper than 4k.   If you need good mics theirs always 50 dollar mics that will make the experience better.

Message 5 of 7 (114 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 19, 2014

Thanks for all the help guys, I'll have a look at some of the samsungs but it looks like Im probably going to share the investment with my brother so Im really liking the look of the sony W7 series, probably a nice big 50 incher. 

So now Im needing a cheap wireless headset

A reasnably priced sound system (completely clueless on this front)

and some sort of charging dock for the controllers

And last of all some games, Black Flag and BF4 are on the list but any more awesomeness that deserves to be on the list? A good racing game to mess around on with buddys should be a pretty well rounded 3 games to get me started if you have any suggestions

Message 6 of 7 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
395 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 19, 2014

dusse123 wrote:

Thanks for all the help guys, I'll have a look at some of the samsungs but it looks like Im probably going to share the investment with my brother so Im really liking the look of the sony W7 series, probably a nice big 50 incher. 

So now Im needing a cheap wireless headset

A reasnably priced sound system (completely clueless on this front)

and some sort of charging dock for the controllers

And last of all some games, Black Flag and BF4 are on the list but any more awesomeness that deserves to be on the list? A good racing game to mess around on with buddys should be a pretty well rounded 3 games to get me started if you have any suggestions

I suggest the Energizer X2 charging dock. It is sleek and has some nicely colored LED charging indictors. Looks fantastic next to the PS4. http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/accessories/energizer-x2-charging-system-for-ps4/111881

Games Suggestions: Infamous: Second Son, Wolfenstein: The New Order, & The Last of Us: Remastered

(I haven't played a knockout racing game yet, NFS wasn't as great as I thought it would be.)

Message 7 of 7 (67 Views)
0 Likes