Dec 28 2011
By: Shopsmart83 First Son 2 posts

Help! There's a square shape in the upper left corner of my screen when I play blu rays!

1 replies 136 views Edited Dec 28, 2011

Hi, I bought a new ps3 slim because my old fat ps3 broke (YLOD).  I just bought a new blu ray and was watching it the other night and noticed a rectangular image in the top left corner of the screen that only really showed itself when something moved across it.  Then put another blu ray in today and the same thing.  So bad I can't even watch the movie because I don't want it to ruin my experience.  This ONLY happens with Blu rays, i've watched some game trailers, videos from the hard drive and played games, all of which work fine.  It's only bluray playback for some reason.  I've gone though all the settings but nothing stood out that i could see.  So the shape is like a ghost rectangle that is completely invisible except when something comes across it, like a cloaking effect from predator lol.  I've googled this and can't find anything on it (but I was googling GHOST RECTANGLE, so I"m not sure what I would find).  I have a 160G PS3 Slim and a 40 inch LG LCD TV. If anyone knows how to correct this problem or has run into something like this before please help me! I appreciate any help I can get. 

Thank you so much!

Message 1 of 2 (136 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Help! There's a square shape in the upper left corner of my screen when I play blu rays!

Dec 30, 2011

Ok so I fixed the problem by switching inputs,but I just want to be clear, it can't be the ps3 because it works fine on a different input, it can't be my hdmi cable because it's the same cable on a different input, so the problem has to be with my LG LCD 40 inch TV.  It can't be with the screen because it works fine on another input, and it can't really be that input all the time because the only thing it showed up on was blu rays.  Bottom line? Weird problem, and I still don't know what caused it but switching inputs did the trick. 

Message 2 of 2 (136 Views)
0 Likes