MVP Support
11370 posts

Re: Help Sony See The Way

Jun 3, 2013

Zorrillo90 wrote:
6- My answer is on another thread but you know what, I changed my mind and I'd prefer a PS4 that doesn't emulate PS3 games but play them natively.

7- I know that and Sony knows that and it will be still not as expensive for you to have rather build a gaming PC instead of buying the console. When you play PS4 games, Cell processor would be on sleep mode and vice versa thus not getting as hot as you say.

8- One million units won't make Sony go bankrupt. wow out of business is just an exaggeration.

9- As far as I remember I only said it should emulate PS2, not PS3 and I said something different about emulating PS3 via Gaikai on another thread which I don't feel like repeating, God you people try so hard by lying LOL don't lie to me.

Glad to see you are starting to understand the differences in architecture.  One issue you still don't seem to understand is the fact that heat kills processors.  In the case of putting a Cell in the case with a processor that operates ABOVE its safe operating range, the Cell would melt, whether you are using it or not, meaning, your 'backward compatible' PS4 would survive until you turned it on.

Message 31 of 49 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13232 posts

Jun 4, 2013
Once again, if you're buying a new console than look forward to playing new games. Why you people buy new consoles to play old games idk.
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 32 of 49 (83 Views)
MVP Support
11370 posts

Jun 4, 2013

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:
Once again, if you're buying a new console than look forward to playing new games. Why you people buy new consoles to play old games idk.

Because the $50 they get for their PS3 makes the PS4 "Affordable".

Message 33 of 49 (78 Views)
Wastelander
657 posts

Jun 4, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

Zorrillo90 wrote:
6- My answer is on another thread but you know what, I changed my mind and I'd prefer a PS4 that doesn't emulate PS3 games but play them natively.

7- I know that and Sony knows that and it will be still not as expensive for you to have rather build a gaming PC instead of buying the console. When you play PS4 games, Cell processor would be on sleep mode and vice versa thus not getting as hot as you say.

8- One million units won't make Sony go bankrupt. wow out of business is just an exaggeration.

9- As far as I remember I only said it should emulate PS2, not PS3 and I said something different about emulating PS3 via Gaikai on another thread which I don't feel like repeating, God you people try so hard by lying LOL don't lie to me.

Glad to see you are starting to understand the differences in architecture.  One issue you still don't seem to understand is the fact that heat kills processors.  In the case of putting a Cell in the case with a processor that operates ABOVE its safe operating range, the Cell would melt, whether you are using it or not, meaning, your 'backward compatible' PS4 would survive until you turned it on.

There are still ways to work this out, I've always understood that, it's just you were exaggerating too much no offense, they run hotter when on full load and still don't melt, easy solution, put them close together with a single liquid cooling system to keep both of the processors cool, that would work when either of the processors are operating, if they don't want spend on liquid cooling, all they have to do is put the processors at a decent distance from each other and use regular fans, if they don't want to spend on PS3 hardware, then they can do a program or have it integrated on the PS4 to allow it recognize PS3 games and then let you stream them through their servers as long as you have the game inserted in the PS4 Blu Ray. I'm sure they are more ways to work this out and I feel like we weren't even ready for next gen if Sony can't or don't want to even solve a simple backwards compatibility issue. I feel it's not a matter of we can't do it but a matter of we want old players to support our new games, a matter of not splitting up the community and that's the only valid excuse I would accept yet that's not good reason not to have a backwards compatible PS4.

Don't tell me to keep my PS3 please. I already know and that's what I'm going to do whether I buy a PS4 or not, my favorite games are on playstation and I've used PS controllers since the PS1 first days, I will have to eat all the **bleep** they throw at me for now lol.

Message 34 of 49 (70 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11370 posts

Jun 4, 2013

Zorrillo90 wrote:
There are still ways to work this out, I've always understood that, it's just you were exaggerating too much no offense, they run hotter when on full load and still don't melt, easy solution, put them close together with a single liquid cooling system to keep both of the processors cool, that would work when either of the processors are operating, if they don't want spend on liquid cooling, all they have to do is put the processors at a decent distance from each other and use regular fans, if they don't want to spend on PS3 hardware, then they can do a program or have it integrated on the PS4 to allow it recognize PS3 games and then let you stream them through their servers as long as you have the game inserted in the PS4 Blu Ray. I'm sure they are more ways to work this out and I feel like we weren't even ready for next gen if Sony can't or don't want to even solve a simple backwards compatibility issue. I feel it's not a matter of we can't do it but a matter of we want old players to support our new games, a matter of not splitting up the community and that's the only valid excuse I would accept yet that's not good reason not to have a backwards compatible PS4.

Don't tell me to keep my PS3 please. I already know and that's what I'm going to do whether I buy a PS4 or not, my favorite games are on playstation and I've used PS controllers since the PS1 first days, I will have to eat all the **bleep** they throw at me for now lol.

So either an $800-900 PS4 or a $600 PS4 the size of a mini-fridge.

As I've stated, the streaming will probably be a subscription service, not a service where you buy individual games.

I'm not even sure how the logistics of a pay-per-game streaming service would work.  It would be like Netflix charging you for each movie you stream.  It just doesn't work that way.  When you stream games, nothing is actually downloaded to your console, so you would have nothing to show for your game 'purchase'.

Message 35 of 49 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
657 posts

Jun 4, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

Zorrillo90 wrote:

So either an $800-900 PS4 or a $600 PS4 the size of a mini-fridge.

As I've stated, the streaming will probably be a subscription service, not a service where you buy individual games.

I'm not even sure how the logistics of a pay-per-game streaming service would work.  It would be like Netflix charging you for each movie you stream.  It just doesn't work that way.  When you stream games, nothing is actually downloaded to your console, so you would have nothing to show for your game 'purchase'.

LOL hehe you're getting cheaper aren't ya? That means I'm getting you to agree a bit with me hehe, BTW why would you say the size of a mini fridge, my brother have a mini fridge and that's too BIG! lol, not even if I put 2 PS3 together and 2 consoles the size of an Xbox One BTW the new Xbox One lol, not even that way it's going to be the size of a mini fridge lol. We DO NOT like subscription here on Playstation we push the boundaries of Play!!! lol nothing like Microsoft please. PS+ is acceptable I may even purchase my first year subscription if they make older games cheaper with PS+ but never as a subscription that I will have to renew every year.

Message 36 of 49 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Jun 4, 2013
Lets move backwards because we want PS3 games on the PS4. While I try and figure out out how my Snes plays news games. Or Sega dream cast plays Sega genesis games. n64 plays Snes, nes games. The whole playing old games is only important to people who wasted there time playing other game systems and think because they jumped ship the last minute they are in titled to play older games on new systems. It really shows how uneducated today KIDS are in understanding the difference in technology and how they feel they are owed something when they didn't support the PlayStation 3 in the 1st place. Move forward or get left behind.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 37 of 49 (52 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11370 posts

Jun 4, 2013

Zorrillo90 wrote:
LOL hehe you're getting cheaper aren't ya? That means I'm getting you to agree a bit with me hehe, BTW why would you say the size of a mini fridge, my brother have a mini fridge and that's too BIG! lol, not even if I put 2 PS3 together and 2 consoles the size of an Xbox One BTW the new Xbox One lol, not even that way it's going to be the size of a mini fridge lol. We DO NOT like subscription here on Playstation we push the boundaries of Play!!! lol nothing like Microsoft please. PS+ is acceptable I may even purchase my first year subscription if they make older games cheaper with PS+ but never as a subscription that I will have to renew every year.

No, not really.  Just read a couple of articles where they expect the price of the PS4 to be around $350 (while the new XBox will be over $400). 

Because without a liquid cooled system, the only way to keep the AMD from melting the Cell is to separate the processors by about 2 feet.  That means a case that is at least 4 cubic feet.  Heat sinks have limitations.  They don't work well when the 'cool' air that blows over them comes off of another heatsink.

But hey, the rest of your post gives me an idea...  Duct tape a PS4 and a PS3 together with a two-device HDMI switch and you'll have your backward compatible PS4.  It will certainly be cheaper than a backward compatible PS4 from Sony would be, since you already have half the parts.

Message 38 of 49 (42 Views)
Fender Bender
2546 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013

I had a first released PS3 that was BC, know how many PS2 games I played on it.... 0.  Only one thing I hate more then BC is those who whine about not having it. I'm not buying a new console to play last gen games on it. I want the industry TO MOVE FORWARD. I want the new system to have its limits pushed, best hardware exc exc... not holding it back by making it compatible with previous gen games. Id feel ripped off paying for a BC feature on the PS4 when I can just use my PS3. And that's the biggest thing I hate about all this cry baby fest stuff about BC is that JUST PLAY THE GAME ON YOUR PS3.......holy crap how hard of a concept is it to figure out???? And if you still want to play PS3 games then don't buy a PS4 in the first place....The ignorance is overwhelming.

As far as the title of this thread, Sony has seen the way and I applaud them for not having the PS4 be BC. GREAT JOB SONY KEEP IT UP

Message 39 of 49 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
657 posts

Jun 4, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

Zorrillo90 wrote:

No, not really.  Just read a couple of articles where they expect the price of the PS4 to be around $350 (while the new XBox will be over $400). 

Because without a liquid cooled system, the only way to keep the AMD from melting the Cell is to separate the processors by about 2 feet.  That means a case that is at least 4 cubic feet.  Heat sinks have limitations.  They don't work well when the 'cool' air that blows over them comes off of another heatsink.

But hey, the rest of your post gives me an idea...  Duct tape a PS4 and a PS3 together with a two-device HDMI switch and you'll have your backward compatible PS4.  It will certainly be cheaper than a backward compatible PS4 from Sony would be, since you already have half the parts.

Just wow LOL, It'd be better to rebuy all games because a BC PS4 would be 2 / 2.5 times more expensive, AMD are just a bunch of idiots, They they don't know a nothing about airflow. You people are insane. You should get the idea that nothing you say makes sense at all. Please excuse me and call me an ignorant as I'm going to have to ignore all this ignorance, from now on, I'm done here.

Message 40 of 49 (25 Views)
0 Likes