Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
MVP Support
8085 posts

Re: Help Sony See The Way

Jun 4, 2013

Zorrillo90 wrote:
Just wow LOL, It'd be better to rebuy all games because a BC PS4 would be 2 / 2.5 times more expensive, AMD are just a bunch of idiots, They they don't know a nothing about airflow. You people are insane. You should get the idea that nothing you say makes sense at all. Please excuse me and call me an ignorant as I'm going to have to ignore all this ignorance, from now on, I'm done here.

The operating temperature of a processor does not depend on airflow (airflow is simply the means of expelling the hot air to keep the processor from overheating itself).  The reason AMD (and Intel) processors run so hot is due to the sheer amount of circuitry on the chip.  A processor (any processor) is not intended to be used in a machine with different processors.  This is why when you see a multi-processor computer (a quad Intel Xeon Mac Pro, for example), all of the processors on the mainboard are exactly the same, they have the same operating temperature range and the same overheat-protect range.

The AMD processor is designed to operate at extreme temperatures while the Cell is not.  This is why most modern computers, particularly ones built around AMD processors) have at least two distinct air channels, and reside in cases about 4 times what is necessary to house all of the internals.  One for the processor and one for all of the other components (ie video cards, HDDs, etc).

The AMD Quad-core Phenom computer I built about 4 years ago has an air channel from the processor's heat sink out the side of the case, while the rest of the computer expels the air out the back.  The side exhaust is often twice as hot as the air blowing out the back.  Of course, the only things that really create heat in the rest of my computer are the Dual GeForce 9800GTs that power the computer's graphics.

Every computer I have built is based on an AMD processor, so yeah, I know a thing or two about the heat created by them.

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 49 (96 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Jun 7, 2013

I dont mind playing my ps3 games on my ps3 the fact is id rather not have to switch between systems 

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 49 (70 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 7, 2013

man your funny I think people would buy more if it was backwards compatable because some gamers are into classic games cause not every game that comes out is hot ish you have to think about the community than thinking about your self

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 49 (69 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 7, 2013

thx man i know im jumping the gun but if we atleast try to push hard enough we can give them better ideas you know 

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 49 (66 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 7, 2013

Thx for welcome yeah its my first thread I dont post because im usually gamming than wasting time here getting critisized by having a dream rather than getting support i have alot of systems just tired of them making new ones really just to play games I want I have to get a system it not the money issuse its just evry corner a system comes out with some kick as game i want but im not leaving i was brought up on sony i would just like it to be like the good old days one system for years not one every 5 time is to short for that.

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 49 (65 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 7, 2013

please dont comment like this im a gamer with a dream and if i had know it was alot talking about the same problems i would have never made it why wast time even posting if your tired

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 49 (64 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8085 posts

Jun 7, 2013

GameKat wrote:

thx man i know im jumping the gun but if we atleast try to push hard enough we can give them better ideas you know 

Sony is way, WAY beyond the 'ideas' phase of R&D.  Any major changes (like adding native backward compatibility) would push the PS4 back by about two years, allowing M$ the launch advantage.  Again.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 49 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
464 posts

Jun 7, 2013

Really you have to just be lazy to not want to switch between systems. I have several hooked up and guess what it is NOT a big deal to switch systems especially with the available multisystem cords and switch boxes around. When I get my PS4 in a year or two, it will go right next to my PS3 and be hooked up to the same tv. I am not lazy and want to play games so I don't mind switching between systems with a flick of  a switch or change of the channel on the tv. It's simple really.

photo giphydgd.gif
"Hey look a PS4 for sale! Quick someone get it before it's sold!!"
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 49 (46 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12008 posts

Jun 7, 2013

GameKat wrote:

please dont comment like this im a gamer with a dream and if i had know it was alot talking about the same problems i would have never made it why wast time even posting if your tired

Please stop posting multiple times to different people. There is no "Reply to (username)" In your posts, so it just makes it look like spam and thread bumping.

Just do a huge post with @(username) in front of each block of text that pertains to the person. Or at least quote.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 49 (38 Views)