Apr 19 2012
By: FremontStPlayer First Son 4 posts

Help! Gamertag change question, plus more...

10 replies 213 views Edited Apr 19, 2012

I'd like to change my PS3 gamertag.

In simple terms, how do I do that? Do I somehow delete my existing name and start over?

What happens to anything I've downloaded, and how will it affect downloads on my PS Vita?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 11 (213 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Re: Help! Gamertag change question, plus more...

Apr 19, 2012

My advice to you would be to keep the account you have, considering if it is the account you have solely used for downloads and such, it is considered the "master" account and to just create a new one. Any Trophies earned on the account you wish to not use anymore will obviously not transfer over to the new one. Unfortunately, PSN does not have the wonderful option of just paying to change your gamertag like X-box Live does. (If you are reading this forum Sony, PLEASE make that an option for us as well)

Message 2 of 11 (213 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Apr 19, 2012

My advice to you would be to keep the account you have, considering if it is the account you have solely used for downloads and such, it is considered the "master" account and to just create a new one. Any Trophies earned on the account you wish to not use anymore will obviously not transfer over to the new one. Unfortunately, PSN does not have the wonderful option of just paying to change your gamertag like X-box Live does. (If you are reading this forum Sony, PLEASE make that an option for us as well)

Message 3 of 11 (213 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Apr 19, 2012

Message 4 of 11 (213 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Apr 19, 2012

Message 5 of 11 (213 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Apr 19, 2012

Message 6 of 11 (213 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Apr 19, 2012

Message 7 of 11 (213 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Apr 19, 2012

Message 8 of 11 (213 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Apr 19, 2012

Message 9 of 11 (213 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Apr 19, 2012

Sorry about the multiple replies, not sure why it did that.

Message 10 of 11 (213 Views)
0 Likes