Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 08 2010
By: TheKon First Son 2 posts

Help Connecting PS3 to le Interweb

4 replies 10 views Edited Jun 8, 2010

Here's my prob: I have no built in WiFi, and the router in my house is a far away, so if I were to connect it to there directly, the cable would run across the whole house.

I was wondering if anyone knows if this is possible: Can I somehow connect my PC (which connects wirelessly to the WiFi network) with an ethernet cable to my PS3 to "output" the connection? And if so, how would I go about this? Thanks for your time.

Message 1 of 5 (10 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17624 posts

Re: Help Connecting PS3 to le Interweb

Jun 8, 2010
Message 2 of 5 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7121 posts

Jun 8, 2010

The easiest solution would be to buy an Ethernet bridge.  A bridge is a network appliance that connects to one or more devices through Ethernet cables and then connects to the rest of the network via Wi-Fi.

AmnesiaInnocent Trophy Card
Message 3 of 5 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Jun 8, 2010
@ne1atall, the 20GB PS3 did not have built-in WiFi.

@TheKon, as stated by AmnesiaInnocent, the easiest solution would be to get a wireless gaming adapter, or wireless bridge.

You configure that to connect to your wifi, and then plug it into your PS3's Ethernet.

I use several D-Link DAP-1522 units. This unit works great. It can act as a switch, or a bridge, and if acting as a bridge can connect up to 4 devices to your WiFi.

This one also supports Wireless N, in case your router supports N speeds. I have a couple of PS3s hooked up to one of these, connected via Wireless N, and they work beautifully.

Very easy setup, very simple device. There are cheaper and more expensive options out there, but I use this, as it works great.
Message 4 of 5 (10 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 16, 2011

I sure can't get mine working. Spent the last 12 hours working and all I can do is get an IP address.

This DAP1522 is a POS

Message 5 of 5 (10 Views)
0 Likes