Highlighted
Nov 19 2012
By: Fatbob73 Lombax Warrior 139 posts

Having trouble watching blu-ray movies.

3 replies 88 views Edited Nov 19, 2012
Hi everyone,

My PS3 (80gig fat PS3) is hooked up to my Harmon Kardon AVR247 receiver (via HDMI cable) and I'm having trouble playing any blu-ray movie with my PS3. When I try and load the movie, I get a black screen and nothing happens after that. At first I thought something might be wrong with my PS3, but when I plug my PS3 directly to my TV (via HDMI cable), it works fine. So I'm assuming that it must be some setting that got messed up either on my PS3 or my AVR247, but I don't remember making any changes to either recently. Until today, I was able to watch blu-ray movies without any issues since I got both my PS3 and my AVR247 which is going on 4 years now. I have no problems watching DVD movies or playing any of my PS3 games or watching movies stored on a USB flash drive.

I rest my PS3 settings to default twice. Once I did the trick of holding down the PS3 power button for 3 seconds. My PS3 is running the latest firmware.

Any ideas as to what might have happened that would cause me to be unable to watch blu-ray movies?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 4 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
139 posts

Re: Having trouble watching blu-ray movies.

Nov 20, 2012

I've been playing around a bit and I believe the problem happens when trying to display the top menu. Has anyone come accross this problem?

Message 2 of 4 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
223 posts

Nov 20, 2012

You are just trying to play one movie? Not trying several blu-ray movies? If it's just one movie, clean the disk and see if that helps.

Message 3 of 4 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
139 posts

Nov 20, 2012

I have a solution that worked for me. I had to turn "[BD 1080p 24 Hz Output (HDMI)]" off. It was set to automatic and by switching it to off, I am now able to watch blu-ray movies again on my PS3.

Message 4 of 4 (49 Views)
0 Likes